**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
No surprises here, I don't think there's been a case of USADA having a B sample come back different, at least as far as their involvement with the UFC is concerned. There can be little doubt that he has juiced his entire career, GOAT/P4P#1 my arse.

Now we await the standard 'It was a supplement honestly guv' before they throw the book at him. 4 years please, cheating ****.

Associate
They have officially overturned jones win to a no contest, i wonder if the ufc will just give cormier back the belt, not sure he'd take it. would be cool for a little tournament :)

Soldato
No reason Cormier wouldn't have taken the belt back - he will undoubtedly earn more as a champion than as a challenger fighting for a vacant belt! (although I have to admit, a one-night tournament UFC 1 style would have been awesome!!)

Shame Jones is such a tool - it will forever reflect on this generation of LHW's that no-one beat "the man"!!!

Soldato
Rockhold back in action this weekend, intrigued to see if he can build another run and get a title shot.

I legitimately believe Rockhold is the best middleweight in the world at the moment, he'll win this and then end up fighting Whitaker for the belt after Bisping beats GSP, loses to Whitaker and then retires.

Soldato
I'm constantly amazed that Rockhold is a middleweight! He just looks so much bigger than his opponents that it looks like a mismatch!

I don't disagree that he's not one of the best in the world and I wouldn't be surprised if he does win the title back down the line but to say he's THE best right now is a bit of a stretch imo!

Associate
I legitimately believe Rockhold is the best middleweight in the world at the moment, he'll win this and then end up fighting Whitaker for the belt after Bisping beats GSP, loses to Whitaker and then retires.

Rockhold is a beast and before the loss to Bisping I had him as one of the best p4p, I'd like to see him move up to really test himself though.

Associate
No reason Cormier wouldn't have taken the belt back - he will undoubtedly earn more as a champion than as a challenger fighting for a vacant belt! (although I have to admit, a one-night tournament UFC 1 style would have been awesome!!)

Yep, Cormier said as much yesterday. It's a no brainer from a financial perspective.

And yes bring back the tournaments :D

Caporegime
Few points from Fight Night 116:

- Rockhold looked like **** imo, his gas tank was dreadful. Good job he finished it as the longer the fight went on he was going to start to struggle.
- Gillespie Vs Gonzalez - great fight, one of the best fights i've seen this year.
- Smith Vs Lombard - Why in gods name was Smith asking whether he knew his name after getting whooped for 2 rounds? Very bizarre, he managed to finish though so fair play!
- Beautiful knee finish from Perry, I keep waiting for this guy to get taken out because he's a douche but he keeps doing the business! Not sure that was a good idea calling out Lawler mind.

Agreed with Rockholds interview though, the guy has zero character. Bisping destroyed him both before and after the fight.

Associate
Lombard is finished, needs to retire.

I'm still unsure on Perry, he obviously has a lot of power but he did lose to Jouban and I dont think the top welterweights are stupid enough to stand and trade with him.
He's still entertaining to watch though just dont see him beating the top guys.

Associate
Gokhan Saki :D what a fight.
Claudia vs Andrade - I expected Claudia to win but Andrade is a tank :D
OSP hits another von flue choke :D

It was a good card last night.

Caporegime
Holy **** that Saki Vs Da Silva fight, awesome!!! :D :D

Von Flue :eek:

Crazy mismatch of a fight that though, appreciate it was supposed to be Shogun but a 185'er (recently a 170'er!) against the number 6 LHW? Bonkers.

Last edited:
Associate
Rockholds grappling is a mightmare for any of those other 185ers, still leaves his chin there to be hit when going backwards though. Gillespie is a class act! Decent card.

Bit of Bellator action on tonight.

Caporegime
Was a pretty good card apart from the snoozefest main event.

Bellator do put on some good cards on but some of their production is cringeworthy, face off interviews and rappers accompanying mid tier fighters to the cage and such, oh and their commentary team is garbage as well.

Still, it's good to have competition and they've picked up some top quality fighters recently.

Back
Top Bottom