**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Was a pretty good card apart from the snoozefest main event.

Bellator do put on some good cards on but some of their production is cringeworthy, face off interviews and rappers accompanying mid tier fighters to the cage and such, oh and their commentary team is garbage as well.

Still, it's good to have competition and they've picked up some top quality fighters recently.

Agreed. I enjoyed their last NY card but it seems like it was mostly the same fighters on 183.

I was watching it cringing how much they were copying UFC but doing a terrible job of it. They've even copied the same camera angle when they go ringside with Rogan and Dom/DC :confused:

Caporegime
Ridiculous from the ref and i'd even go as far to say ridiculous from the guy on the bottom, he will have known he was unconscious.

I get the whole 'keep fighting until the ref stops it' but I think he will have known the fight was over.

Hence why I'm guessing the guy who vaults the cage starts pounding on him....

Soldato
Ridiculous from the ref and i'd even go as far to say ridiculous from the guy on the bottom, he will have known he was unconscious.

I get the whole 'keep fighting until the ref stops it' but I think he will have known the fight was over.

Hence why I'm guessing the guy who vaults the cage starts pounding on him....

yep
the ref lifted his arm as well and did nothing

Caporegime
Hahah, i was literally about to post the same thing. Forget about the Von Flue, it's all about the Boston Crab! :D

Agreed. I enjoyed their last NY card but it seems like it was mostly the same fighters on 183.

I was watching it cringing how much they were copying UFC but doing a terrible job of it. They've even copied the same camera angle when they go ringside with Rogan and Dom/DC :confused:

Yeah, it's a blatant rip off, I also can't stand Ranallo.

Associate
Will we see a peoples elbow? lol Nothing will ever be as impressive as the flying scissor heel hook Ryo chonan did to anderson silva :p

Caporegime
Anyone bothering with TUF26? It's an all woman season so it's not fantastic but actually not as bad as I was expecting.

It's worth it just to watch Montana Stewart :cool:.

Caporegime
Lee has weighed in a pound over, has to lose it in the next hour or the title fight is off (maybe they'd still fight but it wouldn't be for a title...)

He will probably make it but he looked pretty drained.

Soldato
Lee looked awful, doesnt matter though always thought Ferguson would beat him easily enough

Are you serious? Lee won the stand up game easily even knocking Tony down and had what 4 take downs? while carrying a staph infection. He dominated Tony but yeah okay lets say he's awful.

Forget your bias and judge objectively.

Associate
Are you serious? Lee won the stand up game easily even knocking Tony down and had what 4 take downs? while carrying a staph infection. He dominated Tony but yeah okay lets say he's awful.

I thought the stand up was pretty even. Tony said after the fight his game plan was to get Lee to take him down and use all his energy and that's exactly how it went. Lee's not awful by any means, his top game is awesome but he's not ready for the top of the lightweight division yet.

216 was an awesome card. Bobby Green vs Lando Vannata on the prelims was amazing, I thought it was guaranteed to be fight of the night until DJ suplexed Ray Borg and caught him in a flying armbar while he was still in the air :D:D:D After that performance no one comes close to DJ on the P4P rankings.

Soldato
That was amazing from DJ. Made Borg look he was an amateur. Was in full control throughout. Barely even broke into a sweat. Even when Borg had his back early.
on he just seemed to shrug it off

That finish though :D

Caporegime
No fan of Ferguson but after the punch after the bell that was sweet to see that douchebag Lee tap out, who gassed badly.

He was talking about the weigh in.

Soldato
I thought the stand up was pretty even. Tony said after the fight his game plan was to get Lee to take him down and use all his energy and that's exactly how it went. Lee's not awful by any means, his top game is awesome but he's not ready for the top of the lightweight division yet.
The standup was absolutely even although Ferguson did land a few more significant strikes and Lee's face looked worse because of the strikes Ferguson landed. Glad he won although I thought he didn't look as good as he usually does. Perhaps it was the layoff, but he wasn't as dynamic or fluid as he has been in the past.

216 was an awesome card. Bobby Green vs Lando Vannata on the prelims was amazing, I thought it was guaranteed to be fight of the night until DJ suplexed Ray Borg and caught him in a flying armbar while he was still in the air :D:D:D After that performance no one comes close to DJ on the P4P rankings.
That suplex and armbar was awesome!

Associate

Yeah I was talking about him at the weigh-in. I was surprised with Lee just a pity he had a bad weight, he looked absolutely wrecked after the second round but he's only 24 and has a bright future.

Back
Top Bottom