**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Can Stiopic take Ngannou down? If not, we've got a new champ :D

Considering the first 6/9 months of the year were meh, the future fights being scheduled are looking really good. I just hope TJ vs DJ happens, I'd like to see how good DJ really is.

Caporegime
GSP vacates 185 title! Not overly surprised by that, he didn't look in fantastic shape in the fight against Bisping and by all accounts bulking up has actually made him ill. Rather than hold the division up he walks away.

Hopefully he fights at 170, would love to see him take Woodley out. Who is a whiney *****.

Which means Rockhold Vs Whittaker at UFC221. Hoping for a Whittaker win in that one.

Associate
Quite a boring card but the two good fights were Sterling vs Morales and Cub vs T-City.

Brian Ortega's squeeze is unreal, the adjustment to the sub was awesome.

Caporegime
Last night;

Morales Vs Lopez - Great first round, awesome in fact, faded a bit in the later rounds but I suppose that’s understandable as they both went for it in the first.

Sterling Vs Moraes - My god what a KO, full on face/head plant :eek:

Knight Vs Benitez - Bit of a weird one with Knight seemingly biting Benitez’s finger :/ Real bad eye poke in the second round as well. I’d love to see some of the fighters Knight has beaten because he looked utter garbage. Number 15 in the division?!

Swanson Vs Ortega - Crazy guillotine!! That was an entertaining fight.

Associate
Decent card at the weekend, I thought Morales Vs Lopez was gonna be another FOTY contender after the first round but as McBain said it died down after that.

Gutted Swanson lost, always entertaining and wasn't far off a title shot but now he's gotta start again.

UFC 220 card is shaping up alright

Miocic vs Ngannou
Cormier vs Oezdemir
Usman vs Meek

Associate
Forgot to mention that Bellator had a couple of good finishes in it.

I know it was in Italy but how the hell did Alessio Sakara get a title shot?

I didn't even realise he was still fighting lol

Associate
Decent card at the weekend, I thought Morales Vs Lopez was gonna be another FOTY contender after the first round but as McBain said it died down after that.

Gutted Swanson lost, always entertaining and wasn't far off a title shot but now he's gotta start again.

UFC 220 card is shaping up alright

Miocic vs Ngannou
Cormier vs Oezdemir
Usman vs Meek

I don't understand why they've added Usman vs Meek to 220. The fight is easily a main event for one of the fox cards/fight nights, it offers nothing in terms of PPV buys as unless you watch almost every event, it's likely you won't even know who they are. It should be an awesome fight though :D

Associate
I don't understand why they've added Usman vs Meek to 220. The fight is easily a main event for one of the fox cards/fight nights, it offers nothing in terms of PPV buys as unless you watch almost every event, it's likely you won't even know who they are. It should be an awesome fight though :D

I know what you mean, instead we have Lyoto Machida vs. Eryk Anders as a Fight Night Main event haha

Associate
Likely stay up for 220, gone are the days of staying up for most cards though like back in the day :(

I loved it when UFC was on Bravo on a Sunday evening.

That was back before it was mainstream so you didn't get any spoilers from anywhere so I could rest easy all day knowing I wouldn't find out what happened before I watched it.

Caporegime
UFC on Fox this weekend.

Last minute drop out in the Elliott fight means another English lad gets a chance on short notice, Pietro Menga. Hope he takes Elliott out, can't stand that guy.

It's actually a pretty solid card for a 'on Fox' event.

Lawler Vs RDA
Lamas Vs Emmett
Ponzinibbio Vs Perry <--- FOTN potential.
Texeira Vs Cirkunov

Caporegime
Last minute drop out in the Elliott fight means another English lad gets a chance on short notice, Pietro Menga. Hope he takes Elliott out, can't stand that guy.

Or not, the last minute replacement didn't even get on the scales, that fight has been scrapped :/

Edit: BAMMA live on ITV4 right now.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't wait for Perry v Ponzinibbio, Perrys on the MMA Hour every now and then and he's very entertaining.

I'm looking forward to hearing what he says about Darren Till in the post-fight fight interview if he wins lol

The card this weekend has the potential to be a very quick one, a lot of one hitter quitters on it.

Back
Top Bottom