**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
another fight on the card won't hurt plus they are already made weight right?
It would make sense for the UFC sure, but why would either fighter want to risk a loss against an opponent they've not prepared for and aren't being offered a decent financial incentive for? Supposedly, as posted above, they wouldn't pay Pettis enough for him to think it was worth taking the main event, he's certainly not going to take even less to be on the mid card with nothing to gain.

I just watched embedded (episode 5). The embedded cameras just happened to be there and filming when Conor threw the dolly through the bus window? It's got to have been staged :o
Looking at their latest few videos it's remarkable how much production value there is for a completely 'random' attack. Bizarre.

Associate
It would make sense for the UFC sure, but why would either fighter want to risk a loss against an opponent they've not prepared for and aren't being offered a decent financial incentive for? Supposedly, as posted above, they wouldn't pay Pettis enough for him to think it was worth taking the main event, he's certainly not going to take even less to be on the mid card with nothing to gain.

Looking at their latest few videos it's remarkable how much production value there is for a completely 'random' attack. Bizarre.

Are you guys serious? You honestly think they staged this? The embedded videos cover the whole event, so it's not at all surprising they were there.

Associate
Are you guys serious? You honestly think they staged this? The embedded videos cover the whole event, so it's not at all surprising they were there.

Watch episode 5. There's an embedded camera on the bus with the fighters which seems normal but there's also one outside the bus which gets perfect angles on the bus attack.

Associate
Watch episode 5. There's an embedded camera on the bus with the fighters which seems normal but there's also one outside the bus which gets perfect angles on the bus attack.

Nothing strange about that. What about the fact that three fights have been cancelled on the back of this? Or Connor actually being arrested and charged? An acceptable risk? Come on...

Soldato
I thought that as well.

Why wouldn't there be a camera outside the bus?

Plus if McGregor rocked up at the front door they'd have had a camera on him straight away.

Associate
Connor has always been a loose cannon, which has increasingly been fuelled by his rise in fame to a point where it seems he now genuinely thinks he's untouchable or has enough cash to not give a damn. Think about it... throwing cans of energy drink at the Diaz promotion, the bs he pulled at the Bellator promotion, none of this is beyond his typical M.O. To think it's staged its bonkers, there is simply too much for the UFC to lose.

Soldato
Does anyone think Conor will fight again?

I would be surprised. Not because of any sort of ban. I just don't think he wants to. He's achieved what he wanted and is loaded.

Man of Honour
He will, but he’ll lose I think and then walk away. His heads just not in it any more, and why would it be, he’s made more money than he could have ever dreamed of and has secured the financial security of him and his kid growing up.

Why risk your life after that?

Soldato
He will, but he’ll lose I think and then walk away. His heads just not in it any more, and why would it be, he’s made more money than he could have ever dreamed of and has secured the financial security of him and his kid growing up.

Why risk your life after that?
You have basically agreed with what I said. Apart from you think he will fight again. We'll see. My money is on no :)

Associate
Does anyone think Conor will fight again?

I would be surprised. Not because of any sort of ban. I just don't think he wants to. He's achieved what he wanted and is loaded.

I think he will. The Conor vs Khabib fight is much bigger than it was this time last week. If that fight is held in Russia it'll be massive.

Zabit magomedsharipov looked very good last night, huge fella for featherweight aswell.

He looked amazing. I can't recall seeing him fight before but Zabit vs Max Holloway would be amazing.

That was a crazy fight!

Dominant display from Khabib albeit a bit underwhelming.

Was it really that dominant though? Going into the fight I thought no one could beat Khabib but he was backing up whilst not tucking his chin. He wouldn't stand a chance against Conor/any elite striker.

Hats off to Raging Al, he took the fight to Khabin.

Caporegime
Yeah it was pretty dominant, the judges game him two 10-8 rounds.

Khabib's main issue has always been his standup and the fact he gets hit, Johnson rocked him a few times. He seems to have a head like a breeze block though.

Soldato
Was it really that dominant though? Going into the fight I thought no one could beat Khabib but he was backing up whilst not tucking his chin. He wouldn't stand a chance against Conor/any elite striker.

His stand up was a bit on the average side - but I'd argue that after the battering he dished out in the first 2 rounds he knew he could take Al's best shots - no way he fights like that against any decent striker in the division, let alone against Conor!

Their fight would consist of about 9 seconds of stand up followed by either a KO for McGregor or anything upto 4 minutes and 51 seconds of Khabib mauling Conor on the mat!

Definite props to Al for taking the fight though - I hope the loss does more good than harm for him!

Soldato
I think based on that performance Ferguson beats him.

Conor not so much. He'd get taken down quickly and teabaged for four minutes before getting choked out.

Soldato
Didn't think Rose won that fight, only had her winning the first round, couple of draws and 2 to Joanna (tough surnames lol). Very entertaining though, definitely a class above the other female fighters.

Not seen much of Kabib but that wasn't how I was expecting it to pan out based on the hype.

Soldato
Think Ferguson beats Khabib too. McGregor has a punchers chance, think Khabib would be too strong on the takedown though would have to back up Khabib a lot to prevent being pummeled on the ground.

Associate
You've got to imagine if and when Khabib fights the other elites in his division he isn't going to entertain the striking like he did Saturday.

Cannot get enough of this zabit magomedsharipov though, world class.

Back
Top Bottom