**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Patheitc all round. McGregor before the fight with the bus and racism and Khabib and his team after. Neither should be anywhere near an octogan again.

Soldato
As someone who is relatively new to UFC can someone explain why McGregor is lauded like he is? Seems to have zero ground game and his punches don't seem to have that much of an impact

Because he ran through top UFC competition with ease, even taking out champions in 2 different weight classes with ease, becoming a 2 division champ, the first in UFC. Both of those champs, Aldo and Alvarez were suppose to do what Khabib did tonight. With every opponent he smashed he's picked up the salty fans of that fighter, and because he's done that so many times the perception flipped from being a lauded and gifted stand up fighter to just a man who talks trash. And people outside of the sport just see the bus incident and a man with a mouth and probably rightly so think what a ****, someone should shut him up.

And now someone has, again, Khabib, and the haters are revelling in it. When you get as big as Conor did people only want to see the fall.

He's no Ronda Rousey though, for all the mouth he gives he's extremely humble after the fight win or lose. And that just goes to show that the mouth is just an act, it's WWE, and some people don't like, and some people think it's real. I've not seen anything of Conor after this fight though but if he's anything but humble than come back here and quote me and call me out.

Caporegime
The whole thing just screams WWE storyline, a rematch is pointless unless McTapper works on his ground game for about 5 years and Khabib will be retired by then. He’ll defend the belt a few times before realising he’ll never have a fight as big as this one again unless McTapper does it for the £££££££

Soldato
The whole thing just screams WWE storyline, a rematch is pointless unless McTapper works on his ground game for about 5 years and Khabib will be retired by then. He’ll defend the belt a few times before realising he’ll never have a fight as big as this one again unless McTapper does it for the £££££££
Depends how big this fight turns out for him given they've withheld his fee so far, could end up being one of his smallest financially :p

Associate
Because he ran through top UFC competition with ease, even taking out champions in 2 different weight classes with ease, becoming a 2 division champ, the first in UFC. Both of those champs, Aldo and Alvarez were suppose to do what Khabib did tonight. With every opponent he smashed he's picked up the salty fans of that fighter, and because he's done that so many times the perception flipped from being a lauded and gifted stand up fighter to just a man who talks trash. And people outside of the sport just see the bus incident and a man with a mouth and probably rightly so think what a ****, someone should shut him up.

And now someone has, again, Khabib, and the haters are revelling in it. When you get as big as Conor did people only want to see the fall.

He's no Ronda Rousey though, for all the mouth he gives he's extremely humble after the fight win or lose. And that just goes to show that the mouth is just an act, it's WWE, and some people don't like, and some people think it's real. I've not seen anything of Conor after this fight though but if he's anything but humble than come back here and quote me and call me out.

I think he should well be a rousey and wittle off to a quiet corner or the WWE. He's hardly in khabibs league.. He's won a couple decent fights and got lucky with an early knockout and rode the train from there. Nate diaz defeated him and the second time round it only went to Connor because nate wanted to box more.. no idea why but he didn't come out like he did in the first match. He's a good fighter but not as good as his mouth or pay checks.

Khabibs from a war torn area... he will have grown up in a different way and things to him will be more personal because he's been exposed to different things. Does that make his actions ok? No, it was unprofessional - but so was connors prior. Dana has allowed all of this to happen and rhe UFC should take some fault for not kurbing this sooner. Should he be penalised? Yes, but based on the fact connor never inside the UFC then I think not.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

In a way I’m glad McGregor got smashed in the fight... just a shame he wasn’t KO’d :D

There’s rivalry and there’s just being a tool and it seems that McGregor has forgotten where he came from long before this fight. I blame the UFC for letting him get away with his publicity stunts because it gets them PPV buys and now they’ve created a monster they can’t control.

Throwing bottles at Diaz in the presser
Attacking the Khabib bus in NY
lolMayweather - really?

Don’t get me wrong, I like him as a fighter but as a person he comes across as arrogant (which is fine in moderation) but he only seems to be getting worse, dealing up the hype to 11 at every fight and it was obvious that it was always going to end in tears.

Shamrock Vs Ortiz had the right level of pre/post match rivalry for those that watched UFC back in the day (it even included outside of the cage moments too ;)) but the key difference is that it was always on a level that was controllable.

McGregor needs to get back to winning ways before trying to board the hype train again.

Soldato
In a way I’m glad McGregor got smashed in the fight... just a shame he wasn’t KO’d :D

There’s rivalry and there’s just being a tool and it seems that McGregor has forgotten where he came from long before this fight. I blame the UFC for letting him get away with his publicity stunts because it gets them PPV buys and now they’ve created a monster they can’t control.

Throwing bottles at Diaz in the presser
Attacking the Khabib bus in NY
lolMayweather - really?

Don’t get me wrong, I like him as a fighter but as a person he comes across as arrogant (which is fine in moderation) but he only seems to be getting worse, dealing up the hype to 11 at every fight and it was obvious that it was always going to end in tears.

Shamrock Vs Ortiz had the right level of pre/post match rivalry for those that watched UFC back in the day (it even included outside of the cage moments too ;)) but the key difference is that it was always on a level that was controllable.

McGregor needs to get back to winning ways before trying to board the hype train again.
The fact is we are talking about him. Everyone is for that matter.

He has done his job.

What happened was an over hyped McGreggor took the wrong fight. Also fight he should never have been given. The guy ran from defending a single belt and has been inactive for years.

The other thing that occurred was McGregger playing at been a real world gangster saying disgusting things to Khabib.

It is fun to see the McGreggor fan girls crying the morning after

Caporegime
McGregor taking that fight after 2 years out was only going to end one way unless khabib ****** up.

Weird aftermath

Connor started the brawl inside the cage, took a cheap shot on Khabibs trainer on the cage. Then the two guys jumped in and lit Connor up

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1048847195481374720

Clear as day.

Khabib started the one outside the cage.

What second in that video does Conor start it? Can't quite make it out but just the others jumping him

Soldato
McGregor taking that fight after 2 years out was only going to end one way unless khabib ****** up.

Weird aftermath

What second in that video does Conor start it? Can't quite make it out but just the others jumping him

30-34 secs. When Connor jumps on the cage he punches the guy holding Khabibs hat on the cage too

Soldato
Connor is great, don't get me wrong. But he isn't as great as everyone makes him out to be skill-wise. He normally beats his opponents before they even step into the cage. He is clearly one of the best mental players of all time.

I am a big Aldo fan but Aldo was mentally beat weeks before they had the fight.

In my eyes Khabib was always going to wreck Connor.

I don't see the need for Connor to fight anymore. Very young, still healthy, more money than he can know what to do with and created a legacy for himself. Good for him.

Soldato
Neither of them should fight again TBH.

Time and again the UFC sends out the wrong message; the more money you make for the organisation, the more you're allowed to get away with. I can't see that changing with this incident. McGregor will get let off, Khabib won't get paid, he'll have his belt confiscated, and he'll have to fight McGregor in a rematch to regain it. The two fighters involved in the scrap with McGregor won't fight again, because they're simply not valuable enough to get any leeway.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the 3 arrested have been released because Conor has said he isn't pressing charges.

Irrespective of why Conor always goes ott pre-fight, if your willing to lower yourself and simply humiliate yourself for money, you're nothing more than a whore. Fighting is about honour and respect at the end of the day, it's all well and good being 'humbled' after a defeat, you can't really be anything but, you've just been smacked down. Fighters should have and should show respect before fights.

Conor crosses all limits and when he's exposed he's suddenly humble. Guys a complete fraud, he's sold himself for money, he has no class whatsoever, he's had full backing from Dana because he's another whore, these guys would sell their own mother for cash. They don't know the meaning of honour and respect.

Soldato
Seen a few clips now where someone from khabibs team tries jumping the octogan to go after khabib and conor swings at him first and misses, possibly clips him, he then retaliates. No wonder he decided not to press charges.

Soldato
Khabib did what Khabib does - drags you about the place, lies on top of you and eventually win. 5 decisions in last 8 fights. He's not a exciting fighter to watch. He's an excellent MMA fighter, don't get me wrong, but boring to watch.

It was one sided, no question. A rematch??- I don't see it. McGregor getting $3 million for that fight isn't enough to tempt him back for another mauling.

Disgusting behaviour post fight - A good chance he will get the title stripped away from him for it I think. They will then have Khabib v Ferguson for the title.

McGregor just didn't look interested at all. Too long away, too much whiskey drinking, flash cars etc. He's taken the UFC/promo etc to the next level, but he should just enjoy life now, he's made a packet and I just don't see him coming back/getting back to the previous level he was at when he used to beat fighters mentally before the fight started.

Pettis v Ferguson was superb - real barn stormer. Volkov should have stayed out of range and he would have won easy on the cards but some finish from Lewis, Reyes looked excellent as well.

Back
Top Bottom