**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
this 100%, Tony and Khabib IMO are some of the GOATS @ 155, if only they could share that belt, Gachje is also up and coming, Very clever of Connor to avoid 155 - Beats a washed up Cowboy ( 3 loss streak by way of KO ) who holds some records and was there for a paycheck. I reckon Connor knows he will lose vs khabib but is there for the payday, £100m a fight, he doesn't care - he's wanting to fight Pacquiao, and Masvidal ( his good but overrated ). Kamaru/Israel/Tony/Khabib/Gajche will (GSP VOICE) retire him xD

Israel Adesanya ? dude that guys 185 champ, why would Connor fight him

Soldato
seems unfair as Connor got 80m for the fight vs cowboy - Whilst i agree he draws a crowd - A championship fight, the A-side deserves an equal share of the pie - especially if it was in Russia, Khabib also has a huge following in his native Russia,

Tony and GSP hopefully next for Khabib.

Why would Khabib give a rematch for less than 100m - He hates Connor and wouldn't want to make him richer at his own cost, I reckon the fight will happen at 100m a piece in Russia eventually

Why would they give an equal share when its Connor who attracts the crowd, seriously give your head a shake, also Khabib wont have a choice as Dana will force him to fight Connor or strip him of the belt but tbh i think Khabib is just saying that to wind Connor up. Khabib isnt afraid of Connor and will fight him, he knows Connor makes money no matter who he fights so he cant really stop that.

Soldato
Why would they give an equal share when its Connor who attracts the crowd, seriously give your head a shake, also Khabib wont have a choice as Dana will force him to fight Connor or strip him of the belt but tbh i think Khabib is just saying that to wind Connor up. Khabib isnt afraid of Connor and will fight him, he knows Connor makes money no matter who he fights so he cant really stop that.

I think you're failing to realize Khabib is no longer the unknown fighter - No longer the case - https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...agomedov-dagestan-russia-dustin-poirier-fight

Quater of Russian males tuned in to his fight vs Porier ( first fight AFTER Connor ) - He's also now got a HUGE following in the middle east- Like Dana said Connor Vs Khabib Biggest would be the biggest PPV ever, Similar to Pacquiao vs Floyd - Connor vs Floyd (danas words)

Sure Floyd Talks a lot of Stuff, and manny is more the quiet type the same can be said about Khabib vs Connor - Doesn't mean he got paid a lot less than Floyd during the match up.

I think Khabib is in every right to demand $100M - Yeah Connor can keep on fighting Vs others but no fight would pull in as much as Khabib vs Connor.

Associate
I don't see anything from Nate that would threaten Khabib. Khabib will either dominate him on the ground or work him against the fence for 3/5 rounds.

Associate
I think you're failing to realize Khabib is no longer the unknown fighter - No longer the case - https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/9/...agomedov-dagestan-russia-dustin-poirier-fight

Quater of Russian males tuned in to his fight vs Porier ( first fight AFTER Connor ) - He's also now got a HUGE following in the middle east- Like Dana said Connor Vs Khabib Biggest would be the biggest PPV ever, Similar to Pacquiao vs Floyd - Connor vs Floyd (danas words)

Sure Floyd Talks a lot of Stuff, and manny is more the quiet type the same can be said about Khabib vs Connor - Doesn't mean he got paid a lot less than Floyd during the match up.

I think Khabib is in every right to demand $100M - Yeah Connor can keep on fighting Vs others but no fight would pull in as much as Khabib vs Connor.

What is Khabib's PPV record as the top draw (i.e., not piggybacking off someone like Conor)? There is no way he can generate $100 million of PPV buys. He might have a big following in parts of the world, but none of them have a tradition of PPV. I'm presuming the Russia figures are based on cable TV views? Big difference.

Caporegime
Jones Vs Reyes tonight. If the fight stays standing Reyes has a legit chance to win imo, Jones would be better looking to take it down.

Rest of the card isn’t ground breaking but not too bad.

Associate
Looking forward to that fight. Reyes seems very confident in himself, but he hasn't fought anyone like Jones before. Stand up wise Jones' distance management will be too great for Reyes and I can see him eating those oblique kicks and elbows all night.

Soldato
I agree Reyes was robbed. He should have had rounds 1,2 and 3, while Jones had 4 and 5.

That one judge made another unusual judgement in a previous fight on the card too. He should have been removed from the main event scoring.

Caporegime
49-46? To Jones? The sport is as bent as boxing, what a complete joke.

What possible grounds could you have for giving any of the first 3 rounds to Jones? It's outrageous.

Edit: Something else that really irritates me about Jones is his out stretched eye poke stance, Rogan and the likes think it's some sort of 'genius defense' when in reality he's fouling by constantly sticking his fingers in guys eyes. How many times does Dan M have to warn him about it as well? I counted three times, so how many before he takes a point, 10? There's nothing genius about it, when someone tries to come forward he sticks his fingers out there, of course fighters aren't going to keep coming and walk straight onto an eye poke, it's human nature to defend your eyes for christ sake.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caught up with this last night. Jones seemed really static and ponderous from what I can remember, the result of being clean? I guess the fact he was constantly moving forwards must have counted for something as I don't think he out-struck Reyes in the first 3 rounds.

Ree

Ree

Associate
judges were beyond belief in a few of the fights, i felt really bad for reyes i thought for sure he had the first three rounds. shevchenko with another mauling and looks like jojo is up next and as much as i like her she's got next to no chance of winning.

Soldato
I agree with you guys, Reyes definately looked to do more damage those first 3 rounds, I think Jon Jones knew he should have lost but then started going on about those take downs defending the judges decision.

Soldato
I agree with you guys, Reyes definately looked to do more damage those first 3 rounds, I think Jon Jones knew he should have lost but then started going on about those take downs defending the judges decision.
And yet Latifi took took Lewis down multiple times and wrestled him in multiple rounds and it counted for nothing. Reyes got straight up after those weak take downs and yeah as you say might have swayed judge Joe Soliz. But Latifi scoring belly to belly suplex throwing Lewis across the ring.. nah

Caporegime
Ray Borg in missing weight shocker. How many times is that now, 4? Just move up ffs.

Funny thing is most of his missed weights were at 125, so he moved up to 135 and yep, missed weight :p

Should do a BJ Penn and fight at HW.

Back
Top Bottom