1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, 29 Jun 2009.

1. booyaka

Capodecina

agree - whilst he's taken on some big names in the division and lost.... the bare facts are 1-4 in last 5 fights.... Last time his name will be headlining or anything. He just seems to talk a great game but does nothing when it comes to fight time.

Also Paddy "the baddy" - what his chat about - he won, yes, but he got rocked hard and that chin up in the air the whole time. He needs to chill out - all that stupid chat about taking over, and fighting anyone. He'll get sparked out against a decent boxer.....

2. Somnambulist

Capodecina

He’ll fight someone good and get murdered. The whole ‘granite chin’ works till it doesn’t.

3. McBain

Capodecina

Pimblett got hit way too much in that fight, reminds me of Conor when he first came into the UFC. Only a matter of time until someone tags you real hard and it's lights out.

Aspinall on the other hand looked very impressive, he's so light on his feet he moves like a lower weight class. Very quick hands and power. Dangerous guy at HW.

4. SAM81

Wise Guy

Agrees on both fronts. Aspinall looked great and his attitude is refreshing.

5. omnomnom

Capodecina

He got tagged in that fight to be fair.

6. McBain

Capodecina

He did and took it well, he needs to tighten his boxing up and try to block/dodge once in a while though.

Having a good chin is all well and good but you don't want to be known for it. Hope he does well, we need more successful Brits in the Octagon.

7. Bossman

Mobster

Probably because he's not scouse :p

8. LizardKing

Sgarrista

Paddy the baddy, with a name and looks like that, whats not to love! he's right your either gonna watch him to win or get knocked out either way your watching. He suddenly appeared on my youtube suggestions and watched some of his fights, the guy will go far if he can win his next few matches for sure but yeah he leaves his head far to open. Adrenaline will only get him so far.

Inbetweeners Jay - UFC? Completed it mate.

9. McBain

Capodecina

10. Somnambulist

Capodecina

Be something to watch on night shift. Writing Murphy’s gravestone already.

11. Alan McFall

Gangster

Should be a good event, think we're gonna have a new featherweight champ tonight. Ortega's gonna keep him on the outside, Volky will get too aggressive and end up get caught in a submission (Anaconda/D'arce).

12. PermaChanged

Mobster

I can't see Ortega doing any better than Holloway did on the feet, I've got Volk "and still!".

I really hope Robbie beats Nick, he's on a 4 fight losing streak however so I'm not sure him being more active in recent years is actually to his benefit. The fight being moved to 185lbs makes me think Nick isn't in the best of shape.

Shevchenko wins by whatever she chooses.

13. Alan McFall

Gangster

Nick is a triathlete, he has cardio for days. It's more likely a case of him already being trim and unable to drop enough weight.

[​IMG]

14. Alan McFall

Gangster

Definately too trim to drop the weight lol.

15. McBain

Capodecina

In other news I see Jones has gone for his yearly arrest. What a dirtbag he is.

16. Alan McFall

Gangster

Bisping and Hardy.. best fight analyst's / commentators around or does it just feel like that cause they're English ?

17. Somnambulist

Capodecina

No they're really that good.

Some great fights so far! This last prelim fight is mental.

18. Alan McFall

Gangster

Agreed, turning out to be another great card !

19. Somnambulist

Capodecina

The UFC should have a Master's division for matches like this.

20. Somnambulist

Capodecina

Ah, the ritual sacrifice to Valentina. Should feel sorry for her prey but it's just so satisfying to watch her pick people apart.