*** The Official FIFA 17 Thread ***

Caporegime
So the first piece of information drops about FIFA 17:

Multiple sources tell us that the FIFA, Madden, NHL, and NBA Live sports game will be transitioned to DICE’s Frostbite engine over the course of the next few years ... The next major sports game to make the leap to the new technology is FIFA 17.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...orts-full-transition-to-frostbite-engine.aspx

Full reveal June 12th.

Wow EA has blessed us with a 'new' engine! I hope all those years old bugs disappear...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Didn't they recently change the engine?

Frostbite just doesn't run well on consoles at all despite their best efforts.

Haven't all the previous Frostbite games ran at 900p?
They lied they changed the engine back when they moved to the new consoles but in fact it was a strategy change. Im not sure how old the engine is but I expect its pretty much the same one since FIFA 08...

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a FB game - what resolution does it run? Ive assumed 1080p but never looked at it before. I doubt FIFA is anywhere near as complicated as what something like Battlefield requires from the engine...

Caporegime
OP
I don't understand why they worry so much about more realistic looking models as 90% of action is from far back and u cant see it until a free kick etc...
Expensive licenses no doubt that they have to somehow get value from.

I just hope non-FUT (in particular Club) gets a massive improvement alongside whatever else the engine hopefully loses from the previous iterations. Netcode?

Caporegime
OP
I didnt buy FIFA 16 so interesting to hear this - I thought I noticed better lighting which makes the players look like they are actually on that pitch

Caporegime
OP
Damn just saw the PES Barca trailer and that seems to be shaping up nicely - seems to have gameplay featured - wheres all the FIFA gameplay?!?

Feels like silence this year - they actually making systems work perhaps? ;)

Caporegime
OP
Watching that 2vs2 game with Reus, there's still so much of the current BS in the game despite the move to the new engine. That one Munich goal where I think it's Lewandowski shoots, the keeper parries it and it falls back perfectly to him so he shoots again, it hits the post and bounces perfectly into his path yet again and the third time he taps it into the empty net, all while the keeper is just flapping about on the floor and the defenders are nowhere to be seen.

I'll probably still buy it mind... :o
All I noticed, if I didnt know there was an engine change Id have said it was still on the old engine with an improvement to the graphics. Hopefully people used to 16 that try 17s beta/demo can add more info as right now I still prefer what PES is doing...

Caporegime
OP
Seems good so far, like a highly polished fifa16!

How do I do the low shot?
Double shoot

Unskippable cutscenes in that new mode - meh
New(ish) semi assists make this more fun
New dead balls are a nice touch, cant seem to shoot from them though?!?
CPU plays like a **** still!

Caporegime
OP
If anyone plays this demo with another competent human please comment - cant even finish a single game with the gawd awful CPU.

So far just not enough to make me consider buying it, just feels so lazy when I compared to last years demo. The new features will quickly lose their shine for me if its still very similar in gameplay...

Back
Top Bottom