• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official G80 Club Thread ***

Associate

Alright people, you heard it, this thread is for people with the latest and the best graphics card in the market right now. The 8800GTX/GTS. As you guys basically know, G80 is basically capable of obliterating any games out there in the market :D . So let us rejoice over our purchase of the greatest graphics card in the market.

For those who are interested in purchasing one of these great cards and join the exclusive G80 club. You can do so BY CLICKING ---> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17668176

Reviews:

Tomshardware - http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/11/08/geforce_8800_uk/index.html

Driverheaven - http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/8800nvidiareviewx120/index.php

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE! THE WAY IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED !
You guys can also post screenshots of your benchmark results, game screenshots. AND OF COURSE, PICS OF YOUR RIG !! :D

** If any info is required to be added, please do tell me. Thanks.

Associate
OP
lay-z-boy said:
ROFL @ the arrogance of this thread..

still gonna participate in it tho :D:p, will post pics and benchies in a few :)

Nothing wrong with the arrogance :D :cool: G80 <--- YEA BABY!!

Associate
OP
w3bbo said:
G80 club...thats gonna pee a few people of I can tell ya! Guess its like the mile high club - people who arn't included just don't know what there missing and frown upon it :D

:cool:

Thats right. Now tell me, who doesn't want to join the almighty G80 club?

Associate
OP
Dam, those are sweet scores :D :cool:

I should start looking for someone thats good in graphics design and make a badge for the G80 Club. :cool:

Associate
OP
Eh guys a question. Under 3D settings in the control panel, what are the settings you guys put to achieve maximum performance in game?

Associate
OP
.:dhry:. SiroVa said:
I got 9899 3dmarks06 score running at @ 1280x1024

SM2.0 Score: 4646
HDR/SM3.0 Score: 4799
CPU: Score 2067

everythings running on stock, havent even increased my memory voltage yet.

Is this a good or bad score for the system?

E6600
EVGA 680i
2x 1gig Crucial Dominator C5
BFG 880 GTX
Enermax Galaxy 850W

Thanks.

Overclock that CPU and your score will improve quite a bit.

Associate
OP
m3lv1n said:
8800 GTX turn the quality up for games performance only for benchies.

Try the following

Vsync = on (personally I can't stand pixel tearing I have to turn this on some ppl don't see it though)
Triple Buffer = on (turn this on if using Vsync = on)
Gamma correct AA = on
Transparency AA = Super if you can Multi if not
AA use 8x, 16x or 16Q to get the CSAA remember to change it to enhance the game AA and enable the AA in game.
LOD Bias = clamp
Texture Filtering = High Quality
AF = 16

Hope this helps :)

That is a very sick option setup lol. Eh for SLi, do you use Alternate Frame Rendering 1 or 2?

Associate
OP
m3lv1n said:
Anyone actually using the new driver yet.

personally I found the 97.44's fine.

Kinda loathe to fiddle with it seeing as it works. Ahh bol****s who am i kidding downloading it now. :p

Do you have issues with SLi? When Playing games like CSS and having random lock ups?

Associate
OP
SnoozE said:
I used to have random lock ups when playing css i also presumed that it was and SLi issue but it infact turned out an issue with the driver for my X-Fi card

Have a look at your X-fi driver and check you got the latest version. Oh and also make sure you running the latest bios for the mobo

SnoozE

Cheers. Willl take a look at the latest driver. Eh mate, would you mind giving me the url to download the latest x-fi xtreme music driver?

Nvm, just downloaded the latest x-fi driver off guru3d. I shall see if it still happens now.

i cannot run latest bios for my mobo. I have seen people complaining about sli having problem with P23 bios.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom