***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
Upgraded via o2 on the phone. did 18 months at £41 a month - 300 minutes, unlimited texts/wifi, 1GB data. But get 30% friends and family discount so 28.70 a month.

Had to pay £150 for the handset but as I worked out the total cost of ownership was £666.59 I was happy with this.

It's arriving tomorrow :D

Soldato
Right. The battery cover was a lot easier to remove than on my S2 but much harder to put back on. I thought I was going to break one of the little plastic pins on the back but got it back on in the end.

The charger has changed too. The USB cable is now detachable and the pins can be removed from the plug.

Turned on the phone, went through the hints and had a little play. Bringing up the notifications is VERY fast now. Just signing into my gmail account to download my apps...

Soldato
Right. The battery cover was a lot easier to remove than on my S2 but much harder to put back on. I thought I was going to break one of the little plastic pins on the back but got it back on in the end.

The charger has changed too. The USB cable is now detachable and the pins can be removed from the plug.

Turned on the phone, went through the hints and had a little play. Bringing up the notifications is VERY fast now. Just signing into my gmail account to download my apps...

How's the screen? Can you see any pixelation?

Soldato
send me some stickers dude!

im gonna get my mrs to upgrade via O2 tonight and get it shipped! cheapest way really as she does not care for phones and due and upgrade, i just have to pay her any handset costs

Soldato
Yep you can see the pixels but they are harder to spot than on my S2.

This phone is one odd device. You turn the thing on and there is nothing about setting up your google account. No Android Market. No Google Apps of any kind appear on this phone. I've added my gmail account but the phone is only recognising it as a standard email account and isn't syncing my contacts!

Soldato
Did you go add it within the accounts section in settings rather than the email app?

Just go into market and that should trigger a log in.

edit:

google apps don't appear on the phone at all?

Back
Top Bottom