***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
Just doing the update to 4.3 OTA, had to do another reboot as some things were not right. The shortcuts where you switch on/off GPS, wifi, etc were blank and bottom of main screen which was a phone symbol before was an Android logo, was fine after the reboot. It's much much quicker in opening apps and in general. Can certainly notice an improvement.

Last edited:
Soldato
it was probably just a security patch or something, i haven't noticed any difference other than the build number.

i still have the 4.3 wifi reconnect bug, so it didnt fix that one.

Soldato
As much as I love the design of this phone (my favourite Android design) I'm getting a full refund from my favorite retailer as the internals have become a bit long in the tooth (plus a small fault with the mic ;)) and I can't pass up the refund just 'cos I like the design.

Woot for returns under 12 months!

Soldato
Just out of interest, what do you think would be a reasonable resale value? I would've guessed £100-130 based on Ebay prices for these and Samsung GS2s. Mine is the white version from Hong Kong.

I asked for £110 from a mate but I've no idea if that's fair or not. He still has an HTC Wildfire (Urgh!) so I was considering forcing it upon him for free because I hated seeing him type on that tiny screen lol.

Soldato
Just out of interest, what do you think would be a reasonable resale value? I would've guessed £100-130 based on Ebay prices for these and Samsung GS2s. Mine is the white version from Hong Kong.

I asked for £110 from a mate but I've no idea if that's fair or not. He still has an HTC Wildfire (Urgh!) so I was considering forcing it upon him for free because I hated seeing him type on that tiny screen lol.

If it's very good condition then £100 sounds fair to me.

I wouldn't pay anymore than that personally.

Wildfire - ewww! :D

Associate
Is anyone running kit kat ROM on the gnex?

Contemplating rooting, but unsure what ROM to flash. Have noticed that the phone is beginning to get sluggish.

Back
Top Bottom