1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

The Official Gimbal Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by jonneymendoza, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Anyone use Gimbals here?

I currently use a zyhiun crane plus which is a bit light weight but not the easiest to setup on the field for run and gun video work unless you preset and note down the axes settings you use for a particular camera and lens setup.

What i dont like about it is that it blocks the LCD screen a bit but overal it does the job on my sony a7r3 and a small prime.

At a push i can use my 35mm sigma art prime at its absolute but no longer lenses then that due to the bit that blocks the back of the camera and weight.

they are about to release this one though which looks smaller!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JvTlQRwc8

2. vodkacokebloke

Hitman

i use the osmo 2 with my phone, i think its a great bit of kit. Makes all the difference to holiday videos. I had a zhiyun one previously.

3. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

I also have a zhyum mobile phone one and its excellent too! i am trying to find a good flat profile video recording app for android!

4. vodkacokebloke

Hitman

It was the software that made me move to DJI tbh. It's still not perfect on android as they favour Apple quite shamelessly but it is certainly better.

5. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

O yea the software is terrible on android!

6. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

I've got a Zhiyun Smooth Q (or whatever the mobile version was being sold this time last year), I use it with a GoPro 5 Session so not using any of their software however really impressed with the results for the price.

7. killem

Gangster

ordered a FeiyuTech G6 plus on tuesday to use with my Panasonic TZ100 as there is not many option for small compact cameras. Jessops had it for £199 when I ordered but now gone back up to £269

8. MacRS4

Wise Guy

I have the Crane2 and the Crane Plus. Both great bits of kit aren't they - the 2 will take my A73 with a big heavy lens on it too.

Only problem I find is being bothered to take it anywhere.

9. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

There's a new one out now that packs smaller and easier to carry

10. MacRS4

Wise Guy

Cool - do you know what that's called...?

11. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

12. MacRS4

Wise Guy

Ace, thanks, will have a look see.

13. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

Use the DJI Ronin-M for work and I have the Osmo Mobile for personal use.
    Osmo mobile is great for hols and works well.
    The Ronin-M is great also but the software sucks so bad, also dont go watching configuration videos on youtube beforehand - they are so over the top! These devices are literally designed to plonk your device in and as long as its reasonably balanced it will calibrate fine. You have alot of these youtube videos making out that you need it mm perfect! ridiculous.

But seriously the main battle you will have with any Dji product will be the software.

14. Bes

Soldato

I have a DJI Osmo 2 and an iPhone 8+ and I think it is a great combo for someone who is 'not too serious' about video/ photography. I LOVE the pano photo mode on it- got some incredible photos in NYC and Maine last year.