1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Gimbal Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by jonneymendoza, Oct 9, 2018.

1. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Anyone use Gimbals here?

I currently use a zyhiun crane plus which is a bit light weight but not the easiest to setup on the field for run and gun video work unless you preset and note down the axes settings you use for a particular camera and lens setup.

What i dont like about it is that it blocks the LCD screen a bit but overal it does the job on my sony a7r3 and a small prime.

At a push i can use my 35mm sigma art prime at its absolute but no longer lenses then that due to the bit that blocks the back of the camera and weight.

they are about to release this one though which looks smaller!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JvTlQRwc8

2. vodkacokebloke

Hitman

i use the osmo 2 with my phone, i think its a great bit of kit. Makes all the difference to holiday videos. I had a zhiyun one previously.

3. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

I also have a zhyum mobile phone one and its excellent too! i am trying to find a good flat profile video recording app for android!

4. vodkacokebloke

Hitman

It was the software that made me move to DJI tbh. It's still not perfect on android as they favour Apple quite shamelessly but it is certainly better.

5. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

O yea the software is terrible on android!

6. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

I've got a Zhiyun Smooth Q (or whatever the mobile version was being sold this time last year), I use it with a GoPro 5 Session so not using any of their software however really impressed with the results for the price.