**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Permabanned
not really.

factual points are:

6p runs a smoother OS vs touchwiz - Nova Launcher runs just as smooth. Google launcher is horrid, Icons are way too big.

better battery life due to DOZE and a bigger battery. - Battery life on Note5 is fine

You cant use note5 currently with most sims outside of the US. - SM-N920C runs all Sim Cards in the UK

Supports android Pay and fingerprint Authentication through native android. - I Don't use any of these on my N6p

Again, both devices are very very good.

Last edited:
Soldato
What has N5 got to do with 6p and note 5 lol?

Wasnt aware of the 920c version running uk sims, great news indeed but note5 is not that easy to get here in the uk because it hasnt been officially released yet?

nova launcher can also be installed on 6p, plus it doesnt hide all aspects of the OS,

Permabanned
What has N5 got to do with 6p and note 5 lol?

Wasnt aware of the 920c version running uk sims, great news indeed but note5 is not that easy to get here in the uk because it hasnt been officially released yet?

nova launcher can also be installed on 6p, plus it doesnt hide all aspects of the OS,

It was meant to save typing Note 5 all the as you are aware that's what you are talking about, the Note 5 & n6p.

Associate
I have found what seems like a fairly ridiculous bug.

Twice it has happened, where I've been playing a game with the sound muted, then received a call. When I answer the call, as well as hearing the person on the other end, I get the full volume of the game I was halfway through playing at the same time!

Extremely annoying, hopefully gets fixed soon. Anyone else had the same?

have not been in that situation but have been streaming music in the car and when a text or email comes in the music volume goes very low then back up without any *DING* sound like you get when phone in your pocket.

it's connected in the car by a jack plug.

Soldato
They haven't removed the Google Drive backup feature.

Yeah, they've removed Google Drive Backup. It was an option in mine, it no longer will. Annoyingly it keeps restoring the backup it took when it did work, back in April I think. I had to manually remove that from Google Drive.

not really.

factual points are:

6p runs a smoother OS vs touchwiz

better battery life due to DOZE and a bigger battery.

You cant use note5 currently with most sims outside of the US.

Supports android Pay and fingerprint Authentication through native android.

I'm not sure I agree. I assume you've used the Note 5 for a decent period of time?

Both are silky smooth. Note 5 with Touchwiz using Material theme is pretty awesome.

I declared the Note 5 to have the better battery when I did head to head. Doze never has the chance to kick in for me... (Annoyingly, my Note 5 has since developed some issue with a rogue app and is destroying the battery, but when behaving, I found it to be better.)

My Note 5 works fine with my EE Sim.

I can't imagine why Android Pay wouldn't work with the fingerprint reader on the Note 5?

Soldato
Yeah, they've removed Google Drive Backup. It was an option in mine, it no longer will. Annoyingly it keeps restoring the backup it took when it did work, back in April I think. I had to manually remove that from Google Drive.

I'm not sure I agree. I assume you've used the Note 5 for a decent period of time?

Both are silky smooth. Note 5 with Touchwiz using Material theme is pretty awesome.

I declared the Note 5 to have the better battery when I did head to head. Doze never has the chance to kick in for me... (Annoyingly, my Note 5 has since developed some issue with a rogue app and is destroying the battery, but when behaving, I found it to be better.)

My Note 5 works fine with my EE Sim.

I can't imagine why Android Pay wouldn't work with the fingerprint reader on the Note 5?
android pay andf fingerprint reader is for androi 6.+

samsung are notorious for taking ages to update there phones

Soldato

They've only removed it from the version on the play store (possibly a problem with Google).

They have a different version on their website with drive backup enabled, it notifies you of updates itself and will download a new apk when they update it.

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Both versions are 2.12.xxx, the apk on their website has a different build number.

Back
Top Bottom