*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Caporegime
My N7 had slowed to a crawl, so I thought what the hell. Updated to Lollipop using WUGs kit. Was not overly impressed and had a couple of crashes and speed issues. I then used WUGs kit to get 5.0.2 and saw a massive improvement.
However, some apps, in particular SkyGO are incompatible atm. Did a clean install of the last KitKat release and could not be happier.
Tablet is like new again. Chrome is still pants though :p

What's the easiest way to do this? I upgraded to the latest android release and everything is slow now

Soldato
Lolipop has given this a fresh lease of life, its not snappy but its usable for the most part. If there is an updated tablet in the works ill get it I expect.

Associate
What's the easiest way to do this? I upgraded to the latest android release and everything is slow now

Use WugFresh Nexus Toolkit. It makes the whole process a breeze.
The hardest part on some machines is getting the correct USB/ADB drivers to work. The program has step by step instructions.

Save games and game progress are generally lost unless you back them up manually. All apps, free or purchased, will be linked to your Google account and will be fine.

FWIW, My Nexus has just notified me of the 5.0.2 update. I had already tried this using the above. It was OK, but not groundbreaking and SkyGo was not compatible atm.
I have accepted that the hardware in the 1st gen 7 is not great. For everything I do with it, KitKat seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom