***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
Im sure Kaz just wanted them to look more Gansta with blacked out windows init.
In an ideal world all 1000 cars would be all the same detail, but i think they wanted to release this game sometime this decade, still if 800 cars look as good as Foza 3 ones apart from the cockpit then its not so bad. The premium cars are just drool worthy think ill need a bib to use those cars. :D

Associate
The one part that I'm not interested in, in the slightest. Hopefully it's not compulsory for game advancement...

Same here. This and the B-Spec team management features. Has there been any confirmation you can transfer your GT PSP garage into GT5? I remember reading that it was a feature some time ago but no idea if that still stands.

Caporegime
I'm still confused, Out of the 1000 cars are they saying that 200 will let you drive from any view (bumper/cockpit/overhead etc) and the other 800 will have all the views minus the cockpit one? Or are they saying 200 will heavy super detailed cockpit views and the other 800 will have a less super/generic/gt4 cockpit view?

rp2000

Soldato
The one part that I'm not interested in, in the slightest. Hopefully it's not compulsory for game advancement...

I dont know about it being a bad thing.
Perhaps the combination of the track builder and karts could be massive fun. It should if nothing else offer really close racing on small tracks. Reports from the show was that they were really fun to drive. Add in the head tracking (which wasnt on show at Gamescon) and these little karts should be great craik on a twisty little circuit for 10 laps or so.

rp2000
200+ will be super juicy with cockpits.
Some hardcore fan has bound to of been aleady creating a list of Premium cars shown in screens or videos.
Anyone seen such a list posted anywhere before?

800+ will not have cockpits and be standard cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still confused, Out of the 1000 cars are they saying that 200 will let you drive from any view (bumper/cockpit/overhead etc) and the other 800 will have all the views minus the cockpit one? Or are they saying 200 will heavy super detailed cockpit views and the other 800 will have a less super/generic/gt4 cockpit view?

rp2000

I think all cars will have a cockpit view, but the standard model cars will have a blackened rudimentary-modelled interior.

Soldato
I think all cars will have a cockpit view, but the standard model cars will have a blackened rudimentary-modelled interior.

No cockpit 'camera' at all for non-premium cars.

From GT Planet's interview with Kaz said:
and that despite their best efforts to respond to criticism about standard car interiors, they were not able to implement cockpit camera (even one similar to GTPSP’s) in GT5

Soldato
I dont know about it being a bad thing.
Perhaps the combination of the track builder and karts could be massive fun. It should if nothing else offer really close racing on small tracks. Reports from the show was that they were really fun to drive. Add in the head tracking (which wasnt on show at Gamescon) and these little karts should be great craik on a twisty little circuit for 10 laps or so.

Wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just not for me. Like drifting events in games, hold no interest for me, and are always skipped if possible.

Caporegime
Cheers, I always use a chase cam anyway, was just confused so wanted clarification. Won't make no difference to me anyway.

The seem to have announced a lot of content in the last few days, and it sounds really good. As long as too many races don't have mandatory Rolling starts, it all sounds great!!

rp2000

Soldato
Damn, to not have even a basic cockpit for the standard cars annoys me. I only race in cockpit view as I prefer the position and find the other views not very realistic. I'm still going to hold of judgement until we know the full list of premiums and standard. I just hope that the premiums are simply not cars like the Ferraris/zondas etc but also include BMWs, Audis, Ford Focus' etc... as I like my racing in the slower cars not the super duper exotic ones.

Associate
I don't like **** pit, seems wierd to me. Since I sit with my wheel, and have my own eyes, I'd say the screen should be the windscreen for ultimate immersion. With rain and wipers and cracks if you crash, that seems more logical to me... I usually run Bonnet cam.

Soldato
Soldato
kart racing??? awesome!! ah man i wish i had a ps3, possibly thinking of maybe getting one now....anyone know whether its those 4 stroke lawnmower karts or proper 2 stoke racing 250cc karts??

Back
Top Bottom