********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
OP
As I've said before, there has never been more than 12 months between an announcement and a planned release of the game. Either Rockstar are breaking with years of tradition or Microsoft have been keeping the biggest secret in gaming history by having their new machine out in under 12 months.

Indeed. Not to mention that having such a high-profile game as GTA as a launch title would be incredibly unlikely anyway. The sheer scope of such a game means they're going to need time with the hardware to develop and optimise it.

Soldato
OP
yep Saints row 3 is what a next gen GTA game should be not bull **** 4

No it isn't, far from it in fact. Even compared to San Andreas, Saints Row is just far too slapstick and full of nonsense. No GTA game would or should ever be like that.

If anything, I'd say GTA5 will want to maintain its serious tone so as to distance itself from Saints Row.

Soldato
OP
There's no point comparing it to San Andreas (the game), it'll bear no resemblance I imagine. Liberty City in GTA3 and Liberty City in GTA4 couldn't be more different really.

Soldato
OP
I have been recently playing the saboteur which also has better driving gameplay than 4 imo

Seriously, enough already. We all know you have gripes with the vehicle handling, take it elsewhere.

Also, I can't believe I started this thread a full year ago. We've barely learned anything more about the game since then either!

Soldato
OP
Apologies folks, looks like my copy-paste missed out one of the pages. I've added the link in bold to my post above so be sure to go and check.

And looking at those screenshots again, for the first time in a long, long time I'm getting the same feeling in my gut as I did when I saw the screenshots and map for San Andreas on the PS2. This game cannot possibly come soon enough!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Apparently they talked about "improved car handling"

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

My interpretation was that that aspect will be an evolution from GTA4, rather than a backwards step to the handling of previous GTAs. Which is good, because aside from the wallowing as you took corners, the handling in GTA4 was fine.

...how is this going to run on a console? 4 was pretty suspect and this seems bigger in every way, they must have made some pretty impressive performance improvements to the engine.

There'll have to be compromises somewhere obviously, but hopefully they've managed to use the time since GTA4 and RDR to optimise the engine and really get every last ounce of performance from the hardware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom