********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Associate
GTA V is going to sell millions and millions of copies and yet the only sort of leak we have only 4 days before launch is one guy putting videos on Vine/Instagram thats pretty hard to believe. Rockstar and retailers have certainly tightened up on early releases since GTA IV. Also probably says something about the demise of the smaller independent games stores that would have been more likely to sell it early in the past.

Soldato
There's been more anticipated games than HL2, that game probably isn't even on a top 100 list lol.

But yes, GTAV is the MOST. and will blitz any and all records. :p

You're probably right though I remember it was pretty mega at the time - maybe because I was in a TFC clan at the time and in a bit of a Valve bubble!

Caporegime
GTA V is one of the most anticipated games of all time. It's pre order sales numbers must be staggering.

Not to take it off topic, but I believe that Grand Theft Auto along with other game franchise, such as Half Life, are just massively popular and hugely anticipated. Considering the releases don't come around as often as other games, they build in to something spectacular.

Associate
There's been more anticipated games than HL2, that game probably isn't even on a top 100 list lol.

But yes, GTAV is the MOST. and will blitz any and all records. :p

Didn't Skyrim break some records?.... I think it did on Steam, with the number of people playing, or somesuch. I think HL2 was massively anticipated, but I think things have changed since that was released... and this is clearly in a different hype league.

Permabanned
Top 10? you must hold HL in very high regards lol.

I didn't even know about it till the orange box...(and i loved the first one)

maybe top 10 to PC gamers only, but as I said in a list of just anticipated games I doubt it was even on the list... :p

HL3 would be in te top 10 though, probably.

So because you didn't hear about it lol.

I'm also guessing you are quite young so maybe you were too young to understand the hype HL2 had on release.

Permabanned
No, not because I didn't hear about it...there was never any advertisment and the only people who would have known or wanted it would have been steam fans, or very hardcore fans from the first game with a few thrown in from word of mouth...just like all sequals to a franchise :rolleyes:

as said before it's all changed now anyway so who cares about a dead game (without mods it would have been forgotten easily)...jesus lol.

Age has nothing to do with this? :confused: lol...

That is just wrong, it had nothing to do with steam fans or hardcore fans whatsoever, the game was also advertised well.

FYI GTA: San Andreas over all platforms still didn't sell as many as HL2 did.

Permabanned
Think you will find it sold twice as many, but this is off topic if you wanna discuss it message me, not bothered lol. :p

No it didn't, stop spouting nonsense.

Look I get that you're besotted with GTA as a series and that's fine but don't make stupid claims like HL2 isn't even in the top 100 of most anticipated games ever.

Soldato
OMG this is amazing! Social media within the game?

http://www.lifeinvader.com/profile/duaneearl

Incredible, you can "Stalk" which is the same as like, or follow and it will give you things in game. For example "Stalk Sprunk and get a free can of drink"

Speculation as to it giving you the 10% off etc in-game too :p

Would be awesome.

Also rumored is R* adding the best comments submitted.

Back
Top Bottom