***The Official Guitar Thread***

Caporegime
Yes, it is larger than a clip on, as for tuning down then up, from what I read it is something that they are looking into, along with a string conditioner mode. as for speed compared to a clip on, depends on how quick you are with your clip on and fingers.

Yes, everyone remembers the robotune, but times have moved on, if its not for you then its not for you, as for me, I like it, and am getting one.

Watch some videos, make your own choices. Just wanted to let people know that the v3 is now on tthe way.

Of course, if you think it is useful, that's cool.

Soldato
I'll take a look at it... never really felt like I needed something in that area as I have a cheap string winder and clip on tuner or a pedal tuner if I'm plugged in... but I change my strings every few weeks (on 3 guitars and a bass) so could get a lot of use out of it

Soldato
Guilty! I am trying my best to keep it down and this is me keeping it down :p

The Strat arrived today, posted without a box. :eek:

um3RcfB.jpg
Was the case included in the deal? (I presume so as it's tweed and not battered).

When I used to assemble Fender style guitars we'd send them out in a reasonable quality foam hardcase for protection - never mentioned it on the product listing. That way it was better protected than in a cardboard box, but customers couldn't complain about their case getting scuffed.

Caporegime
Was the case included in the deal? (I presume so as it's tweed and not battered).

When I used to assemble Fender style guitars we'd send them out in a reasonable quality foam hardcase for protection - never mentioned it on the product listing. That way it was better protected than in a cardboard box, but customers couldn't complain about their case getting scuffed.

The case was part of the description, basically the case is now relic just like the guitar lol. I don’t mind, it’s not broken, guitar survived and the case survived too. All the latches work but don’t have a key for the locks though (not that they are good locks). So I have a real relic case with a fake relic guitar :D

No strings on yet, original pickguard included. I think I prefer the mint green one.

PjNhn8r.jpg

Man of Honour
Don't know if y'all have seen, or care all that much, but the Roadie 3 is now on kickstarter, and already made its initial goal (on with the stretch goals now), looks like a good improvement over its predecessor.

I want one but on stage I use a Roland GR55 pedal and with a touch of a button I can polyphonic tune so very quickly see what needs altering.
For different tunings I just set up a new preset with any guitar sound I want.
I also have the Boss GP10 as backup which does exactly the same thing.

Soldato
So to check the intonation I've drummed open string and then the 12th fret of that string. Only my small e string is still the same at 12(not dead on but same note) so I should change the other shouldnt I

Caporegime
So to check the intonation I've drummed open string and then the 12th fret of that string. Only my small e string is still the same at 12(not dead on but same note) so I should change the other shouldnt I

They should all be the same note as the open string, but higher. It doesn't need to be perfect, but a fraction off is fine since depends how you press it down can change the pitch.

Soldato
That's WAY off...are you sure? try another tuner first because that's way too much for any saddles to move to compensate.
Was using a tour tech clip on, then used fender tuner on tbe phone that gives me the same.
Lastly used rocksmith which just tells me to loosen tbe strings. Open string they are fine

Soldato

You've got a Lazy J! I worked with Jesse for a few years :)
Was using a tour tech clip on, then used fender tuner on tbe phone that gives me the same.
Lastly used rocksmith which just tells me to loosen tbe strings. Open string they are fine
It sounds like you're not picking up the signal properly. Have you checked out YouTube videos for the method?

Soldato
You've got a Lazy J! I worked with Jesse for a few years :)

It sounds like you're not picking up the signal properly. Have you checked out YouTube videos for the method?
Using an encore guitar tdhat I got 2nd hand dance years back. Strings were fitted not to long back.
Method for checking I have strummed open then fretted 12th

Soldato
Glad you got it safe and sound Raymond, very speedy delivery. That's naughty posting it without protection around the case IMO. But the guitar got to you safe and sound and that is what matters. Looks great!

Can't go wrong with a strat that's olympic white, mint green pickguard and rosewood fretboard!

Back
Top Bottom