The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Soldato
I think it is quite a bit more than a taster card in the vein of Price Malchezaar... There will be people who climb to legend solely with this card and in achieving this they will have to master multiple decks and strategically pick what they play... I appreciate it isn't for everyone but you can't argue with the possibility of the design and accessabily options it opens up.

Can, and will. Accessibility is great for new players who will get to play a heap of decks that they otherwise couldn't afford, but Whizbang opens up no design space because you're purely dependent on Blizzard's deck designers.

There's also two major drawbacks to the card. First is that because you can't play the same deck repeatedly, new players won't get to become good with those decks. Second is that it's really just a meme card for experienced players; the players who really need it are the newbies, but they're also the ones who will be least able to afford a legendary craft.

Soldato
Decided to get Hearthstone going again today after 3+ years away, wow, my decks that were bad then are so much worse now!!

Any tips on a good deck setup to head for to get started again? Used to really enjoy Shaman, Mage & Rogue.

Soldato
Decided to get Hearthstone going again today after 3+ years away, wow, my decks that were bad then are so much worse now!!

Any tips on a good deck setup to head for to get started again? Used to really enjoy Shaman, Mage & Rogue.

Even Shaman is pretty good, but it needs three legendaries and two epics from recent sets. Same with Odd Rogue. I'm not sure about Pogo Rogue, because I don't recall the rarity of Lab Recruiter and Pogo itself, but Wild Pogo Rogue with Gang Up could be a thing.

Elemental Spellpower Mage is probably possible to build as a budget version (maximum one legendary) if you have a decent Classic collection.

Soldato
My classic collection is limited at best, probably only ever opened about 20 packs and barely crafted much, I think 90% of what I have is the very basic stuff abd I'm not sure on the best way to "progress" without throwing cash at it, which I really don't want to do!

Caporegime
Puzzle Mode has launched. No reward except a card back, but you will get three Boomsday packs for logging in.

They need to give some rewards for these solo modes. Something small, sure, but a reward that connects it to the main game not some borderline meaningless bling.

Having said that I like Puzzle Lab, it's a neat twist on the core mechanics.

Associate
Haha. I dont think its too much. It all depends on the game time. Someone might spend 200 pounds on it. But have been playing it daily for 3-4 years. Thats worth it in my opinion

Permabanned
I don't like the 3 expansion per year model. Buying 50 packs for a new expansion rarely results in anywhere near a complete set of rares and epics. Too much net decking at low level means that playing fun but sub optimal meme decks is almost always fruitless and even assembling such decks requires significant financial outlay.

Associate
I don't like the 3 expansion per year model. Buying 50 packs for a new expansion rarely results in anywhere near a complete set of rares and epics. Too much net decking at low level means that playing fun but sub optimal meme decks is almost always fruitless and even assembling such decks requires significant financial outlay.
It is all a giant money grab by blizzard because they know that people will buy the expansions

Permabanned

Aye, don't play standard at all now because of this.

Sure, it's been proven that you can ladder reasonably well with some of the more free to play leaning decks, but not without obsessing over every move of the current meta.

I like the game a hell of a lot and would love to play more then I currently do. Just sick of reaching rank 12-11 and hitting what I consider to be a paywall, where everyone else is using deck synergies that would take me months to craft with dust (not brought packs since GvG).

Still love playing arena though and seem to do well enough to the point where I've not had to pay for a ticket for months. Saying that, it's very much a dice role these days on what type of bucket the games going to offer you. Win rates are skewed very favourably towards Warrior these days because the quality of the bucket is just so high for them. Went 10-2 last night in fact with what I would call an 'average' Warrior deck and I'm only a half decent player at best.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone still playing. I'm determined to hit legend once. I know previously it's been due to the lack of time I've put in, hit rank 5 numerous times but tend to just stop there. Last season I hit 3 and 3 stars. I just seem to always queue against my counter.

I just play and do quests and can normally get 50-60 packs per expansion without paying for any

Back
Top Bottom