***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Soldato
Heads up, Genesis Pro an absolute powerhouse VST synth comes out on the 12th March

Subtractive, FM, Phase Distortion, MultiWave and Rom Synthesis
Equipped with 3 powerful oscillators that can be used independently or simultaneously.
8 filter types
Intelligent automatic chord mode
14 high quality built in FX
Over 100 Modulation destinations

The price: €1.00

https://www.oz-soft.com/
Unfortunately it's 32-bit only :(

Soldato
After two days delay (was meant to launch on Thursday) Genesis Pro is now available to download, however its taken me about 30 attempts because their server is getting hammered.

Will report back once I've had a play.

Permabanned
Going to start producing some music (mostly drum and bass and will dabble in other electronic genres), can anyone recommend any particular videos to watch before getting started?

Will be buying a Midi controller with drum pads in the next 1-2 weeks, was thinking of purchasing one of the following:

Akai MPK Mini MKII
Alesis V25
Arturia MiniLab
M-Audio Oxygen 25
Nektar Impact LX25

With these being higher budget but good upgrades if the price is right.

M-Audio Oxygen 49
Alesis V49
M-Audio Code 25

Any recommendations for anything not on the list?

Have put up a Wanted Ad in the Members Market too.

Soldato
My band has decided we're going to record all our future music out of our houses. I play bass and might do some backing vocals, so I've been looking for an audio interface for under £100. I'm slightly familiar with the Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, but I was thinking the Solo would be more relevant to me as I don't need multiple inputs at once.

I was also looking at the PreSonus AudioBox, which seems very well regarded.

If it helps for covering a greater breadth of functions, the guitarist and vocalist has the Focusrite 2i2.

I'm not really worried about familiarity because I'm basically unfamiliar with all of it despite having recorded into the Focusrite before.

Caporegime
OP
My band has decided we're going to record all our future music out of our houses. I play bass and might do some backing vocals, so I've been looking for an audio interface for under £100. I'm slightly familiar with the Scarlett Focusrite 2i2, but I was thinking the Solo would be more relevant to me as I don't need multiple inputs at once.

I was also looking at the PreSonus AudioBox, which seems very well regarded.

If it helps for covering a greater breadth of functions, the guitarist and vocalist has the Focusrite 2i2.

I'm not really worried about familiarity because I'm basically unfamiliar with all of it despite having recorded into the Focusrite before.

https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id4/overview/

iD4 has a harmonically rich JFET D.I input. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine straight in and start recording instantly. Get professional quality recordings from the start and take your track to the next level.

Soldato
https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id4/overview/

iD4 has a harmonically rich JFET D.I input. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine straight in and start recording instantly. Get professional quality recordings from the start and take your track to the next level.

Cheers for the recommendation dude. What makes this stand out compared to something like the Scarlett?

Caporegime
OP
Cheers for the recommendation dude. What makes this stand out compared to something like the Scarlett?

We are the only company that use the same Class-A mic pre design throughout our entire product range, whether you’re in the studio with an Audient console or on the road with iD4, you’re always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound.

Learn more

ScrollControl

Caporegime
OP
I’m really getting into Orchestration at the moment...bought a few Spitfire Audio Kontakt libraries on sale..

They really sound amazing...

Setup TouchOSC yesterday to have long faders and touch access to all the articulations on my iPad using Midi UACC

Things you do in lockdown! :D

pNtnDYc.jpg

Man of Honour
new toy

focusrite18i8.jpg

Soldato
the last songs I wrote were in 1988, it's about time I did something again.
Lock down seems to have lots of people writing! I really need to sort out a little home studio I’ve got about 8 songs I’m really happy with and it seems stupid not to record them as well as I can. Then I have that old debate about sharing them, my guitar teacher think they are decent but I pay him and my son’s like them but 3 and 5 year olds are not the best critics! I was seriously considering an open mike before lock down but that’s not happening for a while now!

Good luck with the writing and recording!

Man of Honour
Lock down seems to have lots of people writing! I really need to sort out a little home studio I’ve got about 8 songs I’m really happy with and it seems stupid not to record them as well as I can. Then I have that old debate about sharing them, my guitar teacher think they are decent but I pay him and my son’s like them but 3 and 5 year olds are not the best critics! I was seriously considering an open mike before lock down but that’s not happening for a while now!

Good luck with the writing and recording!

The main thing is you do it for yourself.
This year I have been playing to live audiences for 50 years so I'm missing it however my band still rehearse on a platform called Jamulus which is brilliant.
I also join other jamming sessions and the great thing is nobody knows who you are.

Soldato
The main thing is you do it for yourself.
This year I have been playing to live audiences for 50 years so I'm missing it however my band still rehearse on a platform called Jamulus which is brilliant.
I also join other jamming sessions and the great thing is nobody knows who you are.
Definitely want to do it for myself but then there is the inevitable itch to scratch ie is this stuff actually any good!

Must be hard not being on stage when your so used to it, these are such strange times for Music I’ve watched a couple of really good online gigs artists I like have done but it isn’t quite the same!

Back
Top Bottom