***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Caporegime
OP
Definitely want to do it for myself but then there is the inevitable itch to scratch ie is this stuff actually any good!

As Fox says you do it for yourself...Music is about being creative that’s it....The great man himself Zappa sums things up here ...watch it all but message is 3 mins in.

People will like what you do others won’t....the key is not to care...If what you are doing satisfies you that’s all that matters....If people like it then that’s good but it shouldn’t worry you wether something as subjective as music is good or not....

Last edited:
Soldato
People will like what you do others won’t....the key is not to care...If what you are doing satisfied you that’s all that matters....If people like it then that’s good but it shouldn’t worry you wether something as subjective as music is good or not....
So true when you think about it that way some people will never like what I write simply because they don’t like sad songs with an acoustic guitar (even my happy songs turn sad in the end!)

Soldato
I did find out that he’d lined up someone he didn’t know. He’d sent them a track that I was finding it hard to put a good bass line too and apparently loved the guy’s playing. That, combined with a host of petty excuses, was what got me kicked out. My bass playing was alright, and more importantly, I was working (am working) very hard to improve it.

What’s good is that this has given me a kick up the arse to do better. I’m having lessons now where I’m learning to read music. I was also the band’s management, backing vocalist, and I drove our guitarist to rehearsals. That’s a big hole to fill.

Caporegime
OP
I did find out that he’d lined up someone he didn’t know. He’d sent them a track that I was finding it hard to put a good bass line too and apparently loved the guy’s playing. That, combined with a host of petty excuses, was what got me kicked out. My bass playing was alright, and more importantly, I was working (am working) very hard to improve it.

What’s good is that this has given me a kick up the arse to do better. I’m having lessons now where I’m learning to read music. I was also the band’s management, backing vocalist, and I drove our guitarist to rehearsals. That’s a big hole to fill.

Better off without them

Man of Honour
might be! The guitarist is great and an excellent songwriter too

You'll find more if you keep looking.
Over the years I've tried several muso's off this site - https://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/ and my latest perfect guitarist came off here.

if you watch that new Keith lemon Craft series he was on the 3rd episode building the Statue Of Liberty and a Dreamcatcher.
He makes parts and fixes Spitfire's & Lancaster Bombers for a living.

Soldato
You'll find more if you keep looking.
Over the years I've tried several muso's off this site - https://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/ and my latest perfect guitarist came off here.

if you watch that new Keith lemon Craft series he was on the 3rd episode building the Statue Of Liberty and a Dreamcatcher.
He makes parts and fixes Spitfire's & Lancaster Bombers for a living.

Thanks, man. I’ve used that site before actually to find a drummer. Moderately successful.

Hah was he! My wife had been watching that.

Soldato
bought Komplete Select the other day less than half price (and upgrading to Komplete tomorrow), fancied having a go at trailer/epic music, had a try for an hour or so this evening (just did one take "live" plus drums so please excuse some timing issues)

"Kerbal - To the Epic"

Komplete Select (plus ProjectSAM the Free Orchestra), Omnisphere

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been plodding my through learning Ableton recently to amuse myself in lockdown. I used to dabble with stuff back in the 90s with an MC-303 and a couple of analogue synths so kinda know my way around.

I've got a clicky keyboard though, which sucks. Can anyone recommend a decent quality 25-key midi keyboard?

Caporegime
OP
I've been plodding my through learning Ableton recently to amuse myself in lockdown. I used to dabble with stuff back in the 90s with an MC-303 and a couple of analogue synths so kinda know my way around.

I've got a clicky keyboard though, which sucks. Can anyone recommend a decent quality 25-key midi keyboard?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-m32/

I have one as an extension to my S61 MK2 and its brilliant...Rain Forest is cheapest...

Back
Top Bottom