The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

Soldato
So I've been thinking...

Wouldn't it be great to have a place to view what people earn, what education they have, what age they are and what industry they work in?

To keep this thread uniform please use the following guide and follow the trend the example below sets out.

Using the above table for reference please list your circumstances by taking one option from each column, If you feel it relevant please include your geographical location as well. for example:

26-30, £15001-£20000 (OTE Variable up to 7% of Yearly total), Management, Level 3, Cardiff, 31-40 Hours

Education levels are stolen from Here

This has been prompted by me getting ticked off at never getting the jobs that I want, I want to know if I am stuck in a lower management position for the rest of my life earning a low level salary with little to no job satisfaction or if there is a light at the end of the tunnel for people at my age with my level of education.

Please feel free to post, if you don't wish to divulge this information then please don't post. The above example is of course a representation of my current circumstances.

Edit : My analysis up to Page 12:

Most Common age Group: 22-25
Most Common Salary Range: £30001-£40000

Average Education Level 4.8
Most Common Education Level, Level 6

This graph represents the stated earnings vs age and clearly shows that in the most part age does have a bearing on your earnings. You can see that the vast majority of high earners are in thr 30+ age range.

This graph is an interesting one. There appears to be on average no apparent correlation between education level and earnigs. It appears that many who are earning middle of the road salaries with good education levels are not pushing the boundries that those without the constraints of education can. This data could be mis-represented though as the capture group is not that large and doesnt really show a good split of ages. Also some of the higher education boffs are earning nothing as they are still studying as students. Still interesting though:

When/if this thread gets up to page 20 I wil update this information again. The current capture is of 83 people.

To save me having to copy the info into word and remove the line breaks could the single line format please be adhered to

Last edited:
I think there should be a penis length bit, too.

Should have expected this in GD...

Are you compiling the information for a project or something?

Nope, did you read my post?

Why do we need to know this?

So we know who to beg?

Nope, just thought it would be useful information for those currently seeking a job to know what other people are currently doing within their age bracket and education level.

Does he mean Management as in McDonald's.....

If you feel that the management level you are in warrants its own sector then you can add it, entirely up to you, just try and keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom