*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Does anyone else use an MHL adapter with their One S?

I've stumbled across an issue with mine.

Connected to a 46" 1080p tv I get - 1080p @24hz which is rubbish for games.
A 32" tv gives me 1280x720 @50hz whch is much better.

Anyone else have similar? Trying to fix by messing around with the kernel to stop the 1080p 24hz.

Last edited:
Yes !! sorted it, taken me ages to find the code in the kernel.

I got 720p@60hz now on my big tv !!. I'll post details for anyone wanting to flash the kernel.

Last edited:
I'll see if 1080p60 will break it. Gonna post the kernel on XDA, my first and probably last contribution :)

Get it rooted man !! screw your warranty, live on the edge.

You can have then have a Sixaxis running N64 using your MHL lead on your big tv for example :)

Last edited:
@Nexus18 , so is your refresh rate at 24hz too when you press info on the tv?

My MHL cable has just packed in, the power socket has just disconnected itself. I'm not sure whether that had anything to do with the **** refresh rates. Think it would have been the same anyway.

The images on both the One S and S3 that are posted look very very blurry.

How is everyone resizing their images? Is this a conspiracy?

Take a look at this, resized in Photoshop and Windows image preview next to it. If you are just print screening the image and sticking it in paint maybe thats part of the problem? I'm not sure, but my shots look very sharp.

Look at the wall detail. It was a very bright day so not sure if that helps.

test.jpg

Pictures from the One S, 25% and 50%

civicbig.jpg

civicbig2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmm never had no problems using Mybackup Pro to backup everything. Do a Nandroid backup and you can always go back to Exactly how you left it. Also good if you forget to back something up.

Just add SU to your current rom, you don't have to do any changes then. Whatever update HTC release you have the option to apply it way before your carrier decides to?

1. Go to HTCdev, unlock your bootloader
2. Flash Recovery
3. Flash SU chainfire
4. Voila your rom setup that has SU privlidges.

Give it a go, you can't mess up if you have a nandroid backup.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1583427

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you are network locked.

Yeh the 3dot Menu, MHL mod and Camera just alter files on your current rom. Doesn't change it at all.

If you screw the rom up somehow you just restore the Nandroid backup exactly how it was. It's easy, I can walk you through if need be.

Back
Top Bottom