*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Soldato
L67Me.png

Tech Specs:
Dimensions: 5.21 x 2.61 x 0.40 (132.3 x 66.2 x 10.1 mm)
Weight: 4.59 oz (130 g)
Display: 4.3" 720p SuperLCD II (342PPI, Gorilla Glass 2)
Battery Capacity: 1800 mAh (sealed)
CPU: 1.5Ghz Dual core Snapdragon S4 Krait
GPU: Adreno 225
RAM: 1Gb
Storage: 16Gb, no micro SD slot
Rear Camera: 8MP f/2.0
Front Camera: Wideangle f/2.0 2.1MP
Dual audio amplifiers (for both 3.5mm jack and speakers)
CDMA:
800, 1900 MHz
GSM:
850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS:
850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz
Data:
LTE Cat3 Downlink 100 Mbit/s, LTE Cat3/4 Uplink 50 Mbit/s, HSDPA+ (4G) 42.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, EV-DO Rev.A
Positioning:
GPS, A-GPS, Glonass

Looks very nice to me. The design looks nicer to me than that of the Lumia 920, and as it is now the Windows Phone 8 Flagship I reckon this could be a return to the front for HTC, if not passing Samsung overall certainly a good sign for their WP line. It certainly seems to me that companies are much more concerned with design for their Windows phones than Android, but that might just be me.

Slight worry in that it's just as big as the Galaxy S3 more or less, which isn't great, but a £400 launch point could make it very tempting for me.

Soldato
Im wondering a little more with what MS is up to, basically HTC take Nokias design, range of colours etc, make their own, then suddenly Windows is all over them and allowing them to stamp their name over it.

Associate
Im wondering a little more with what MS is up to, basically HTC take Nokias design, range of colours etc, make their own, then suddenly Windows is all over them and allowing them to stamp their name over it.

my thoughts is Microsoft want to help HTC by giving them a chance like they did with Nokia when you have multiple partners you need to respect them & treat them equally besides MS and HTC are partners for 18 years so they deserve a chance too

//

anyway im lost between Nokia Lumia 820 and HTC X8
might end up buying one of them first then buy the second one after some time
i would like to support both Nokia and HTC ;)

Last edited:
Soldato

The design is nothing like the Nokia apart from the fact there are different colours available.

Soldato
Hmm well at least I've got some choices now. I'm almost certainly going to get a WP8 phone, the way the WP OS works is far more interesting and unique than Android and iOS in my opinion. I just have to decide between this, the Lumia 920, or the Samsung Ativ S. I think it'll probably be the 920 but I'll make my mind up nearer launch. Can't wait until November!

Soldato
OP
^^ It'll be the same as the OneX's camera, so quality is good, low light is good, but depending on how well the IS works the 920 could feasibly be better for stationary low light stuff and video.

As for Cu3ed... This has twin audio amps, a nicer (in my, Cnet, techradar etc's opinions. They also prefer the 8X design to the 920, and they've held both unlike you) design, a proven camera (given the previous lumia cameras were terrible and afaik it's not the same one as on the 920) a 720p screen instead of WVGA among others.

Don't forget that this isn't HTC's top-end Windows phone, this is the Accord, the mid-high end phone which I think a 720p 4.3", gorgeous phone fills very nicely. We haven't seen the Zenith yet which will be their chief Ativ S/920 rival when it comes out, and seeing as the 8X already compares quite well with the 920 (which will undoubtedly be more expensive as well as being an EE exclusive), I'd say this is a very good move from HTC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am still deciding myself which to get currently using a N8 which is the business in camera/video department, best I used so far , time will tell which way I go.

Soldato
^^ It'll be the same as the OneX's camera, so quality is good, low light is good, but depending on how well the IS works the 920 could feasibly be better for stationary low light stuff and video.

As for Cu3ed... This has twin audio amps, a nicer (in my, Cnet, techradar etc's opinions. They also prefer the 8X design to the 920, and they've held both unlike you) design, a proven camera (given the previous lumia cameras were terrible and afaik it's not the same one as on the 920) a 720p screen instead of WVGA among others.

Don't forget that this isn't HTC's top-end Windows phone, this is the Accord, the mid-high end phone which I think a 720p 4.3", gorgeous phone fills very nicely. We haven't seen the Zenith yet which will be their chief Ativ S/920 rival when it comes out, and seeing as the 8X already compares quite well with the 920 (which will undoubtedly be more expensive as well as being an EE exclusive), I'd say this is a very good move from HTC.
Where did they say the preferred the design?
Where does it say about the twin amps..can you link those so I can read them?
The initial Lumia camera on the 800 wasnt that good, first update, was about as good as the rest.
Its looking like their will be two version of the 920, one with LTE on EE, another on the other networks without.
Id say HTC have blown most of their loyal supporters a long time ago and wont shift many of these.
And from what I had seen, some of the HTC photos came out as the worst, some of the post algorithms really mucking up pictures.

Soldato
Oh come on, nearly everyone has commented on how its looks the same.

Not anyone I'd take any notice of. The people who have actually held the devices have actually commented on how different the design actually is and that the only similarity is the availability of bright colours (which incidentally match the uniform colour tiles of Windows Phone).

eg.
@PaulOBrien
I'm already seeing the 'it looks like a Lumia' tweets roll in. It doesn't really, it's colourful, but other design cues are very different.

Back
Top Bottom