*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Associate
The gap from the top of the screen to the top edge, and then the bottom of the screen to the bottom edge looks pretty much the same to me? Maybe the presence of the speaker as opposed to those capacitive buttons gives the illusion of a bigger gap

Soldato
Really don't understand what everyone's fascination is with having a quad in a WP. It's obviously not needed, and probably wouldn't make that much difference if it was included anyway.

Soldato
Really don't understand what everyone's fascination is with having a quad in a WP. It's obviously not needed, and probably wouldn't make that much difference if it was included anyway.

Oh no I agree I think the dual core krait is more than sufficient but it may explain why HTC haven't announced it yet. To the masses quad core>dual core.

Soldato
OP
I think in some regards you're right but I have a feeling it may be because Microsoft are protecting Nokia so that it retains the flagship crown for now. If HTC were to release a quad core WP8 phone it would undoubtedly grab the attention of enthusiasts (including myself) looking to try out windows phone.

Regardless I think I'll wait until christmas time, I'm happy with my S3 for now but would like to try WP8.

I'd rate Android above iOS for it's UI and ability to customise but the apps on iOS in terms of quality are still the best. The reason I want to try WP8 is that it seems to be a very complete OS. The apps may be far behind either droid/iOS but it appeals to me in some manner.

They've already announced that the HTC 8X is the flagship windows phone 8 phone, so they're not doing a great job of protecting Nokia... :/

Soldato
They've already announced that the HTC 8X is the flagship windows phone 8 phone, so they're not doing a great job of protecting Nokia... :/

Haha indeed but that's just marketing bs to appease HTC. Ultimately microsoft wants to get as many big players as they can for the big wp8 push. As the wpcentral poll clearly shows a lot of people still view the 920 as the true flagship.

Soldato
For your information :
Both Nokia Lumia 920 and htc 8x body been made from polycarbonate
looks better is a personal choice, 920 has a better design than 8x in my opinion and better spec in screen technology. storage , camera,apps/services, bluetooth 4.0 vs 2.1 and wireless charging

i put 8X with Lumia 820 in mid range category

I said the 8x looks better then the 820, and I wouldn't call a 720p screen on a phone mid range, it isn't really missing much, the Lumia has better screen tech but apart from the 60fps the rest isn't too usefully to me personally, I don't tend to use gloves much and when I do its due to snow so it would just break your phone. Also no one can really comment on how good the screen looks, it is the same screen as the One X which is really amazing.

I do believe overall the 920 is the better phone, but not everyone wants a big phone so the 4.3" screen might appeal to some, also right now HTC have a okay name for them self, unlike Nokia which outside of tech site and such is more or less dead at this moment.

Finally, I never said anything about it not being polycarbonate , I am fully aware it is same as the N9/L800 and 900 and the One X.

Haha indeed but that's just marketing bs to appease HTC. Ultimately microsoft wants to get as many big players as they can for the big wp8 push. As the wpcentral poll clearly shows a lot of people still view the 920 as the true flagship.

I will be very interested to see the same poll with mainstream people and not us "nerds", I personally also think the 920 is the main WP, given it is the only one really supporting the platform and the amount of things they have packed into the 920, but I have a feeling the HTC brand and name also has a good amount of support behind it. I know many many people who only get HTC phones and don't even know it is running android but believe it is the HTC's own software.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It also powers the headphones and can power bigger headphones than most other phones. Also that depends what you use a phone for, audio uality for me trumps camera quality. Just a shame it's missing loads of other stuff the lumia has.

Soldato
Its fine having more power, doesn't say anything for audio playback quality.
Also, you'll have a rather small amount of memory to work with assuming then you have much higher bitrate playback.

Man of Honour
Its fine having more power, doesn't say anything for audio playback quality.
Also, you'll have a rather small amount of memory to work with assuming then you have much higher bitrate playback.

The Audio playback is meant to be great! It's not. Just more power, as for the rest of it, that's a non issue:confused:

Just becuase you might not like a feature, doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

Soldato
No, im actually somewhat of an audiophile myself, jsut not seeing it being any more quality in sound reproduction jsut because it has a more powerful preamp.
How is the rest of it a non issue when you have a small amount of memory?

Man of Honour
I can fit all my music and some tv/films on that. I do on my iphone.

be nice if they do announce the zenith as a launch device.
more features would be great.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There won't be a 5" HTC device at launch simply because they don't want to release a dual core flagship. WP8 won't need it but they know that many people use to quad core androids won't want to go back to a dual core as it would be a downgrade, even if performance actually gets better. The Zenith will likely be the 4.7" quad core so many seem to be waiting for, though it may actually be the rumoured 1080p device or use that screen.

Like I've said before, Microsoft and Qualcomm have said long ago that all the launch devices will be running dual core kraits.

Associate
I think it's a really nice design and I'm going to definately take a look when it's time to move on from my 800.

Remember folks that the Nokia's location based services are going to be available for all WP8 handsets.

So this will have Nokia Drive, Maps, Lens etc.

zdnet only mentioned Nokia drive not sure about the rest
bing maps uses nokia maps
http://www.zdnet.com/nokia-drive-be...ners-new-commute-feature-revealed-7000001500/
another link from Nokia official blog talking about noki drive for all wp8
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/06/20/nokia-drive-for-all-windows-phone-8-smartphones/

Last edited:
Soldato
It would be nice if ms jumped on the bandwagon and instead each partner release at least one phone with standardized wireless charging that could really make a big impact.

Why? It's a pointless gimmick until it's more efficient and we have wireless power+data, now that would be worth something.

Man of Honour
Why? It's a pointless gimmick until it's more efficient and we have wireless power+data, now that would be worth something.

Becuase I would find it extremely usefull. It's a well liked feature and if it hit a critical mass. Hotels, airports etc would get them fitted. Nokia has allready done a deal with some companies to fit chargers. Imagine if it was a wp8 feature across all phones and the collective power they would have to get companies to support it.

Back
Top Bottom