**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Mine just died after trying some underwater filming :(

Screen is dead but other than that its working and in pristine condition. Is there a genuinely decent upgrade from this at a reasonable price point or shall I just get another?

Soldato
Mine just died after trying some underwater filming :(

Screen is dead but other than that its working and in pristine condition. Is there a genuinely decent upgrade from this at a reasonable price point or shall I just get another?
Ouch.. unlucky!
I went for a S20 FE and gave my mate 20 pro to me wife. Pretty similar spec wise and camera setup. Screen is a lot better. Overall is it significantly better? Debatable tbh

Soldato
P30 Pro has seen some decent reductions lately. Seems to be the best value thing about right now by a long shot.

I've been tempted to replace my M20P with one, as the screen is smashed to bits. But it still works, so I keep holding off (and the price keeps creeping down).

Soldato
See I'm in the middle east and I have been to about 50 stores asking after one and I cannot for the life of me get one here - second hand or new!

Might get one from the bay and get it shipped out here. For the money I don't think anything comes close. Not bothered about 5g and as long as the battery is in good nick I am happy.

Soldato
Android 12 & Feb 2022 security update just dropped on my wife's mate 20 pro.
Poor old Huawei your time was cut too short!

Soldato
I went from mate 20 pro to a new retail boxed oppo find x2 pro for £300 ,the camera is better especially that optical zoom and stabilisation, everything seems better just no wireless charging but I only need 15 mins top up on a morning with the fast charge and bought some usbc dust plugs
Basically I wasn't going to spend 1k on a new phone but wanted a clear upgrade

Soldato
In recent months our Mate 20 Pros have been acting strange. I'm not sure if they are all down to the handset/OS combo or specific apps but they certainly don't work as nicely as they did up to a year ago.

A few that I can think of straight away:
- in any app, if a scrollable page is say 10mm taller/longer than the display, it won't easily scroll down to the bottom. Instead it will flicker between scrolling and resetting at the top of the page until the finger is removed from the display.

- In my Chrome app, I've been used to opening a new tab in group, then just hitting the back button at the bottom of the phone to return to the main tab in the group. Now it doesn't do that. It just closes the tab and returns me to the home screen.

- Phone calls quite often don't properly connect, as in no sound or mic input. This is mainly on my wife's phone. Mine is not as bad.

- Struggling with Android Auto. This has been in at least 4 vehicles now. It takes ages to load and sometimes just won't. It will need restarting to connect. Not great if you need to get going.

-Random restarts. Maybe once a week.

Back
Top Bottom