• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Based on?

This poll. UKIP have gone from 20% when the polls started to 10% now that voting is underway, on a ring wing leaning forum. And let's not forget that this is the same party that won the EU elections.. If that's not a terrible performance, I don't know what is.

[TW]Fox;28005436 said:
Which would be great were it not for the value the uncertainty around this stupid EU referendum will wipe off our currency :(

That's how I feel...

I'm strongly supporting of conservative but honestly that EU referendum is the most foolish promise ever. He's surely regretting it.

Last edited:
Ue4ped0l.jpg

Can anyone explain why UKIP stole their party colours from the Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party, please?

Because the UKIP is actually a joke party used so we can name and shame all the xenophobes and fruit loops in society. It creates some comedy gold, e.g. the floods were caused by the rise of gay marriage and Lenny Henry should go back to bongo bongo land etc.

There's a reason they choice purple, it's because on the colour wheel it the only major colour that wasn't taken by a political party and they wanted to distinguish themselves

Makes sense as they originally used a mix of Labour/Tory/LibDem colours.

74280317_1997_01_26_farage_ukip_formation.jpg

This poll. UKIP have gone from 20% when the polls started to 10% now that voting is underway, on a ring wing leaning forum. And let's not forget that this is the same party that won the EU elections.. If that's not a terrible performance, I don't know what is.

Have you seen how many people voted on the other polls? And how long the others are open for? (Also why these polls of polls are always rubbish)

And looking at a single poll on a forum is just retarded.

Voted conservative here...

I was a little surprised to only see 4/5 of the main parties on the form. How would one go about voting for a lesser known party?

If they aren't there then you can't. you need someone standing in your constituency. This is one reason why the small parties don't vote as strongly as the polls suggest because many people will think they will vote green/UKIP and end up realizing on the day they can't so vote labour/Tory.

Because the UKIP is actually a joke party used so we can name and shame all the xenophobes and fruit loops in society. It creates some comedy gold, e.g. the floods were caused by the rise of gay marriage and Lenny Henry should go back to bongo bongo land etc.

You do realise how pathetic you keep making yourself look, right?

If predictions are accurate then only the following combinations will give the 322 seats needed for a majority:
  1. Labour + LibDem + SNP (344)
  2. Labour + SNP + PC + Green (322)
  3. Labour + SNP + PC + Green + SDLP (325)
  4. Tory + Labour (547)

1-3 are out because Miliband has said Labour will not form a coalition with the SNP (he's trying to look strong by saying it, but he has no choice, it would be suicide for Labour both in England and Scotland).

4 is laughable.

The only somewhat viable option seems to be a minority Labour + LibDem coalition (293) which would just outnumber Tory + DUP + UKIP (290) and would see the SNP either vote with them or abstain (except for Trident, but that would have Tory backing anyway).

Of course if nobody can form a government we would see a second election, which would strengthen the Tories due to many voters who defected to UKIP returning after seeing UKIP fail to meet their expectations in the first election, though of course this would also see some Labour defectors return from Green/SNP, it's way too early to guess how a second election would pan out.

No because it would be political suicide for Labour to attempt that, Miliband would end his career and any hope of Labour getting re-elected for at least a decade or more, in England Labour would be seen as traitors and blacklisted by voters (we're talking "I'll never vote tory because of Thatcher" levels of hatred) and in Scotland they will have validated the SNP's "if you want Labour then vote for us and get Labour plus extra toys" campaigning which means no mentally stable Scot will ever vote Labour again.

This post sums up what I'm expecting, I don't think the SNP gains will be as high as people think and I don't think the liberals will die quite as badly as expected but I doubt there will be an easy coalition option other than the as you point out highly unlikely SNP labour arrangement which simply won't happen formally as it would be the death of the Labour party in British politics. I think even a loose agreement between the two could seriously damage the labour party depending on what concessions they make to buy the support.

Polling suspending in one constituency, a candidate was missed off the ballot paper.

Darlington council say 0.1% of ballot papers are affected and the mistake has been rectified, polling has not been suspended
2 retweets 0 favorites
Politico Daily @Politico_Daily · 23m 23 minutes ago

If they aren't there then you can't. you need someone standing in your constituency. This is one reason why the small parties don't vote as strongly as the polls suggest because many people will think they will vote green/UKIP and end up realizing on the day they can't so vote labour/Tory.

Thanks D.P, and OldCoals - though I do find that a little odd..

Last edited:
Voted UKIP. Read most of the running political threads here and found no arguments of any weight not to vote UKIP really, just endless bickering, one-upmanship and the distinctive cry of "Rayciss" from the swivel eyed loons. :D Would have tactically voted Tory if the constituency was a swing seat however.

Back
Top Bottom