Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Because some people vote for the person or put more importance on the local area.
Meaning you might ignore the outcome of the general election and vote in an mp from another party that has been very good in your area.

Lot of the people I work with voted based on what they wanted for the local party and with the attitude that whatever they vote for generally would have no odds - most of them (living in the outlying villages) only had the options of voting for 1 of 2 parties as well which I find kind of odd. (I assume thats right and not some screw up - coz a lot of people here could only vote for lib dems or labour).

You need to know who you a re voting for
Because some people vote for the person or put more importance on the local area.
Meaning you might ignore the outcome of the general election and vote in an mp from another party that has been very good in your area.
On the other hand you may think the person representing the party you want to vote for is a vile excuse of a human being and thus vote elsewhere.

This is exactly what I did, voted for the only one who I had ever seen doing anything to help local people. Luckily he also happens to be a member of the party I would prefer to win anyway.

Why even put the local MP names on there, why not just list the party? Or is that a tactic for them to get you to vote for names you recognise?

Because in reality you aren't voting for a "party" you're voting for your local MP who represents the constituency where you live, in parliament.

There's numerous ways to decide who to vote for, you can look at what your local candidates plan to achieve in their term and decide which one will do the best job based on your values, or you can vote tactically to ensure a certain party doesn't get in, or you can just vote for who you think should be in government.

Unfortunately our system is Donald Ducked, so much emphasis is put on the leaders of the main parties that those are who people think they're voting for, I wonder how many people went to vote today and were wondering why Nigel Farage or David Cameron's name wasn't on the ballot paper :rolleyes:

We voted Conservative for our MP and for both of our local council options.

No other party is credible in my view. We have aligned views on Small Government, minimal Welfare budget and maintaining defence and the nuclear deterrent.

I would love it if they secured a majority, but if that isn't the case then a Coalition would be acceptable.

It's tricky.

Our local borough MP is very un-Labour like in some ways. They keep the police presence high, schools are looked after but there is a strong emphasis on working and community.

They make a strong effort to keep it local, where as all of the others don't.

Back
Top Bottom