Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Well I hope exit poll is correct, but I didn't put to much faith on it.
If so con/dem have literally just enough to form majority.

Blimey on those exits polls !

Cons pretty big surge

Glad ukip polling so low :)

LD wipe out though - people not happy bout that coalition last time
Although could easily be another con LD coalition again - with even less influence this time :(

Will be nice to see the % votes vs seats breakdown.

Personally I think it's time to move to some kind of PR system. A two party system does not let people vote for their #1 choice of party, which is really sad.

and if the exit polls are correct 2 of the 3 main (or former main in the lib dems case now!) parties will be looking for a new leader tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the Lib Dems - lost a lot of support due to doing the best they could with the situation presented to them, winning the battles they could win, rather than expending a lot of effort trying to make principles stick that the Conservatives would never stand for any way and their hands were pretty much tied over the whole tuition fees thing by circumstances outside of their control. While I don't think they could run the country and I'd never support their defence policy they do have a lot of genuinely decent and capable people compared to the norm with the other major parties :S.

Blimey on those exits polls !

Cons pretty big surge

Glad ukip polling so low :)

LD wipe out though - people not happy bout that coalition last time
Although could easily be another con LD coalition again - with even less influence this time :(

IMO a lot of people won't admit to voting for UKIP - I suspect they will actually do a little better than that.

Back
Top Bottom