Votes: 67 5.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
If clegg loses seat the libdems will not form with Tories, so it could be SNP lab, Lib to have more seats than nasty party

If and big if exit pole are right, lab/SNP do not have enough.

Only way to form is con and others. Unless there's a multiple coalition if every single party against con.

But at the last election, the exit poll was exactly correct. Not saying it'll happen twice though.
Of course. Just repeating what the BBC correspondents are saying.

If those figures are true/accurate, then Tories + Lib Dems gives Cameron the majority he needs. If the Lib Dems have lost 46 seats I wonder if any big names have been ousted? Possibly Clegg himself?

Would a 10 MP Lib Dem group be able to demand a Deputy PM post in another coalition Government? If the DUP has a few MPs of the 19 others then Cameron might not even need to bother with the Lib Dems. Course Tories + LD + DUP would probably move Cameron past the 326 into a fairly decent small majority.

I feel sorry for the Lib Dems - lost a lot of support due to doing the best they could with the situation presented to them, winning the battles they could win, rather than expending a lot of effort trying to make principles stick that the Conservatives would never stand for any way and their hands were pretty much tied over the whole tuition fees thing. While I don't think they could run the country and I'd never support their defence policy they do have a lot of genuinely decent and capable people compared to the norm with the other major parties :S.

No they sold their ideology and got into bed with the party which is the polar opposite of their foundation and paid for it quite rightly

I feel sorry for the Lib Dems - lost a lot of support due to doing the best they could with the situation presented to them, winning the battles they could win, rather than expending a lot of effort trying to make principles stick that the Conservatives would never stand for any way and their hands were pretty much tied over the whole tuition fees thing by circumstances outside of their control. While I don't think they could run the country and I'd never support their defence policy they do have a lot of genuinely decent and capable people compared to the norm with the other major parties :S.

To true they have done the best possible thing for the country and been slaughtered for it :(.
We really need anew system that shouldn't happen. we need to move towards a system which actually dies what experts think is best for the country and not based on a silly popularity contest.

If I was a betting man, another coalition is an absolute banker!

I dunno. I'm not sure how much appetite the Lib Dems will have for another coalition with the Tories if that's the result. It's a car crash for them.

TBH I'm not sure it's the coalition that dealt them the death blow. Nick Clegg made some monumental errors in this election campaign. Marketing the Lib Dems as a centrist 'party of coalition' was a mistake. The traditional Lib Dem voter is left wing. It appears he scared them off with the 'Vote for us, get a lucky dip result; probably the Tories' mantra.

He'll be gone by next week.

Last edited:
So how do they get that so quickly then yet main results takes longer?

I don't get how that translates to how it will pan out.

They don't do an exit poll at every polling station, so they've less to count up (mostly only in swing areas) and also the exact numbers don't matter, they're only providing a 'we think this seat went Conservative' suggestion, which they can already have worked out by 8pm if 90% of their exit poll said Conservative.

The real ballots have to be sorted, counted accurately etc. and can't be started until 10pm.

As to how it translates - it's generally just a rough idea of how many seats each party will end up with, normally there or thereabouts, don't expect an exit poll to say 316 to 239 and then wake up to a Labour landslide victory with 350 seats :p

Back
Top Bottom