• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
David Laws is a smart bloke to say the least - it'll be a shame if we lose people like him.

I'm sure someone will bring up his expenses issue, but meh.

If Laws gets stomped Lib Dems are pretty much done for awhile.

EDIT: If they don't even make it to 10 thats gonna put things in a pretty interesting spot overall and they certainly aren't looking like getting 10 right now :|

Caporegime
What a devastating result for Labour! I expected this to be close, but they've been utterly crushed. Cameron has received a massive endorsement from voters keen to see him push his austerity mandate all the way. It's clear that Britons want harsh cost-cutting measures.

By the looks of it, he'll have failed to win two elections in a row. The Tories having failed to win for 23 years. That's not a massive mandate.

It's clear that the British people have favoured him over Labour however. I expect Labour will now lurch to the right in a desperate attempt to chase the electorate.

Soldato
You mean apart from tje fact from Sturgeons tactic during the election has now strengthened the Tories, yea, yea good move that.

Do you live inside a bubble?

What tactic? SNP was always strong up here and only got stronger because of the dreadful performance of both Labour/Conservative. Scotland just has a third choice and as the results show, we took it.

Soldato
Do you live inside a bubble?

What tactic? SNP was always strong up here and only got stronger because of the dreadful performance of both Labour/Conservative. Scotland just has a third choice and as the results show, we took it.

Didn't pick up on my sarcasm then. She pushed in a stronger conservative gov from the campaign she ran.

Caporegime
What a devastating result for Labour! I expected this to be close, but they've been utterly crushed. Cameron has received a massive endorsement from voters keen to see him push his austerity mandate all the way. It's clear that Britons want harsh cost-cutting measures.

Polly Toynbee is already shrieking and wailing like it's the end of Western civilisation.

:D

There is a very big difference between wanting austerity measures and wanting to let Labour loose with free spending us back into the next recession with their completely irresponsible spending on numerous failed public works plans.

If all the spend they made on NHS it systems, ID schemes, billions and billions pee'd away, on things like train links, actual things that had a tangible product at the end of the billions in spending that actually turned into long term jobs and infrastructure we'd be massively better off today than we are.

Labour just throw money at everything without a second thought to consequences.

People don't want to go back to 2009, and they are voting to say as much, it's got nothing to do with wanting austerity at all let alone harsh austerity measures. A sensible long term plan for the country is slow sensible growth and finding public infrastructure plans that have actual jobs and potential economic boost at the end of them.

NHS system and billions on it under Labour, gone, ID scheme, everyone, literally everyone hated it, didn't want it and knew it wouldn't work. Labour still threw 5billion at it then cancelled it completely. Clueless bunch of idiots.

Soldato
None of the parties (that I know of) are bothering with one of my most wanted things - finish the flipping metrication of the country. Our almost-completed change is crazy that it's been dragging on for 50 years.

Back
Top Bottom