*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Associate
Updated my 7+ from 13.0 to 13.1, only issue I've noticed are app related e.g. WhatsApp no longer recognising the shift key on my Bluetooth keyboard but it works fine in other apps????

Soldato
I've recently changed my phone and on the new one I just started fresh with iOS13 rather than restoring my full backup. I did let it download photos from iCloud however and I have set the phone to download original photos rather than setting it to optimise storage. However, it will absolutely not download the full res photos on its own. Last night it was saying about 1500 photos left to download so I left it on charge and went to bed to find it reporting the exact same number in the morning. I've found that if I go into any of the photos and double-tap it to zoom that it will then download the full-res image (you can see the little white progress circle appear lower right) but it only does it for that image.

It's arguably not all that big a deal but it's still baffling me as to why it won't download the full size images as I've told it to. Rebooting the phone makes no difference whatsoever and there's absolutely no control over it other than choosing to pause/unpause at the bottom of the photos app. Anyone else had this? Not sure if it's an iOS13 specific thing or if it's just something that's always occurred and it just takes forever to sort itself out.

Soldato
Deleted the update and did it again and it worked, phew. Wonder if it was related to the phone being 'ported' via Mac from my old one to this in the Apple Store by the employee, but in any case, 13.1 running...

Soldato
Had some weird issues on iPhone 8 since IOS13, but seemed to have sorted them hopefully.

First was caller ID not displaying when receiving calls, just the number.

Second was all phone numbers in contacts had spaces between the numbers, so it would not dial them. I managed to solve this by changing region to USA and back to UK and then a soft reboot.

Soldato
How do you save an edited video in iOS 13.1 so it just saved the edited clip (and cannot revert to original)

Many sites explain you can revert, but i want to save the edit as a new clip and be able to revert. Pretty daft if you cannot save as a new clip, as i might as well just record a new clip. The full un-edited clip which can be reverted to in my case is 2 minutes long and i only require 10 seconds of the clip. Surely the 2 minutes uses up space on the device

Revert to Original
One of the most powerful features in the Photos app is that edits are non-destructive. If you want to go back to the beginning, tap the "Edit" button to open the editor, then tap the red "Revert" button, followed by "Revert to Original." All of your changes will disappear, and you'll have your video just as it was when you started.

Soldato
I had that same issue with another phone. I factory reset my wife’s previous XR to 13.1 and ran through the initial setup to get pics to sell it. Since I still have it I went to update to 13.1.1 and got the error on checking for updates. I just got the IPSW and did an upgrade via my Mac instead.

Soldato
iOS and iPadOS 13.1.2 is out:

iOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
- Fixes an issue where Camera may not work
- Addresses an issue where the flashlight may not activate
- Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles

iPadOS 13.1.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPad. This update:
- Fixes a bug where the progress bar for iCloud Backup could continue to show after a successful backup
- Fixes an issue where shortcuts could not be run from HomePod

Back
Top Bottom