*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone seen any info on whether ios 14 will integrate Dark Skies? Hopeful that Apple's acquisition will mean it'll get baked in/replace the existing Weather app.

Parts of it such as the hyperlocal rain warnings are now baked in but that's a US only feature for now.

Soldato
I think the article is correct. iOS 14 is huge compared to previous iterations and I think it will really change the way people use their phones. All of the changes the author listed are reasons why I prefer Android but now that iOS has them choosing an iPhone is more compelling for me. I can see myself ordering an iPhone in September unless some radical changes are made in future Android 11 beta releases but I can't see that happening.

Soldato
I'm more tempted than ever to try and iPhone this coming September, the updates in this version are part of that. Still, there's lots I still prefer android for so we'll see...

Associate
Made the switch in 2017...Don’t regret.

Only thing I regret it not holding out for this years 5.4” model instead of upgrading to the 11 Pro last year

Soldato
I think the article is correct. iOS 14 is huge compared to previous iterations and I think it will really change the way people use their phones. All of the changes the author listed are reasons why I prefer Android but now that iOS has them choosing an iPhone is more compelling for me. I can see myself ordering an iPhone in September unless some radical changes are made in future Android 11 beta releases but I can't see that happening.
Well now they've taken alway Dark Sky for Android I might have to consider Apple in the future and thats coming from someone who dislikes Apple in general :eek:

Soldato
Well now they've taken alway Dark Sky for Android I might have to consider Apple in the future and thats coming from someone who dislikes Apple in general :eek:

Exactly! My homescreen is dominated by Dark Sky. I depend on it A LOT and if it means switching over then I don’t really have a choice. No other weather apps are good enough.

Screenshot_20200703-095327.png

Soldato
for all the customisation options it amazes me that iOS home screens still look nicer than android ones.

That’s a very subjective argument! Everything apart from the dark sky widget you see there is stock. I could change it so that there are only app icons and ones at that with rounded corners (again using stock settings and not having to install anything) but all I want is my favourite apps and the weather widgets on one screen. iOS14 finally allows that and I’m very excited by it.

Associate
OP
Starling bank app updated yesterday and now works. I’ve had a few glitches over the past week e.g when recording video the screen lags but the video taken is fine, sometimes the widgets are blank. I would recommend using this as standard.

Back
Top Bottom