1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: ***** The Official iPhone 11 (11/11Pro/11Pro Max) Thread *****

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, Sep 11, 2019.

?

Which iPhone 11 are you getting?

1. iPhone 11 - 64Gb

13 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. iPhone 11 - 128Gb

18 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. iPhone 11 - 256Gb

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. iPhone 11 Pro - 64Gb

14 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. iPhone 11 Pro - 256Gb

24 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  7. iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

33 vote(s)
    12.9%
  9. iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

7 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

47 vote(s)
    18.4%
  11. Not interested, I won't be getting one.

104 vote(s)
    40.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

I swear I must use my phone differently to everyone else, do people honestly spend so much time staring at the back of their phone? Couldn’t give a toss what the camera array looks like

Fine for the odd selfie, ridiculous solution for something used as often as authentication.

2. Vargas

Mobster

Not at all. It’s faster than the iPhone X and the screen is so much better at 90hz.

3. haszek

Wise Guy

Do people still compare android front cameras for id with face id?:rolleyes: Seriously?

You know that you can hack majority of them with video or photo that's why take small space on the phone and are quicker?= unusable for secure identification

4. Vargas

Mobster

I use the onscreen fingerprint but a screen without a notch and Face ID can be done, that’s my point.

5. haszek

Wise Guy

I would be thinking it might be smaller as it's like 3 year old tech already. Doubt it can be completely removed without putting it under the screen. None other phone has this tech so comparisons are pointless that other phones don't have notch

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  6. Funky-Melon

Hitman

He's not comparing android cameras against faceID. He's saying the same solution of a pop up system can be used.

It's a huge notch and it could be reduced, Apple have been very lazy with their engineering on this release, they've pretty much just rehashed the exact same design as last year waiting for the usual suckers to lap it up and preorder whilst sticking a fidget spinner on the back of the 'Pro' model :D

7. Mr_Cool

Wise Guy

I for one, am glad they're not opting for a pop up system.

8. haszek

Wise Guy

So you would have much bigger pop up camera, slower because of that and you have to remember how and where you place it to leave space for pop up?:eek:

9. pioneer2000

Soldato

You think over 2 years they have not managed to reduce the footprint of the Face ID hardware? Of course they are able to. It started life as the Kinect for god sake, they’re simply being tight and not updating the design.

Others may have been asking for a thicker phone but I certainly have not. I was using a 6S the other day and it feels far more impressive than the brick that my X feels. They need to get back to that design philosophy!

10. Funky-Melon

Hitman

You don't even need to make it a pop-up solution. They can just reduce the notch.

The electronics solution is there, they just didnt bother. Got to save something for next years release....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. TheOracle

Capodecina

I thought the pro was a bigger upgrade over the xs, than the xs was over the x

Unless I'm missing something?

12. Phemo

Soldato

Yeah that is true. The only thing is that the XS launch at least introduced the Max so it seemed a bigger leap even though it wasn’t really.

13. V F

Capodecina

Next model. With the new Matrix flip phones will be back.

14. Robert

Capodecina

Are we all suddenly top class engineers? Pop up Face ID? No thanks

15. Clov!s

Capodecina

Does the iPhone 11 have the same screen as the XR?

16. Bradmax57

Soldato

Lol cost more? isn't £1500 for a phone enough :) have to admit I would like one but as I have a xs max 512gb would it be worth the upgrade?

17. pioneer2000

Soldato

I am an electrical engineer and qualified accountant actually. So reasonably clued up on both the implementation and financial feasibility.

18. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

No armchair engineering at all then?

if you don’t like the design just say it, suggesting they are leaving the notch bigger than it needs to be is just nonsense.

19. EVH

Don

The wife and I are on the upgrade program so we will get one but I want to see the new green colour in the flesh first.

I’ll only consider 256GB at a minimum, though. I like to take a lot of photos and video and when travelling I also download tv/films on to the device to watch offline.

20. Robert

Capodecina

An electrical engineer in the field of bleeding edge hardware? Not saying you don’t know your stuff - but still. You aren’t exactly a team of hundreds who work on this stuff daily? Not saying people are totally wrong, but it’s easy to sit back and pick when you’re not the one delivering hundreds of millions of handsets.