Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Soldato
I don’t think any other manufacturer currently offers Face ID.

[pedantic mode] I would be surprised if they did considering it's an Apple trademarked feature ;) [/pedantic mode]

But in all seriousness i meant devices that incorporate facial + finger print recognition which there are plenty.

Either way it's just something i would like to see as there's nothing wrong with giving consumers, or business users in our case, additional security features :)

Remember Apple’s solution is for you to buy their £400 watch ;)

Not sure we can swing that as a needed business accessory :cry:

Or install iOS 15.4.

As said, it might work for you but in our case it's very much 'mileage varies' across our 12/13 devices. And unfortunately we have more older devices so it's not really a fix for us.

Soldato
The latest "CAD render" rumours suggest the rear camera bump is still there. I've been holding out for a 14 in the hope they make a larger body with flat front and back :( I also need them to keep the bottom port (either lightning or USB-C) as my car doesn't do wireless CarPlay :D

Soldato
We will never get the perks that you get with Apple Card in the USA. Their card transaction fees are insane compared to here which is what enables it.

Soldato
We will never get the perks that you get with Apple Card in the USA. Their card transaction fees are insane compared to here which is what enables it.

They’ve increase the charges here as well though and are due to increase again. That’s why we don’t get as many cash back cards as we did even 5 years ago.

Amazon tried to stop accepting Visa cards because of the fees at the start of the year as well.

Soldato
They’ve increase the charges here as well though and are due to increase again. That’s why we don’t get as many cash back cards as we did even 5 years ago.

Amazon tried to stop accepting Visa cards because of the fees at the start of the year as well.

That’s for transactions into the EU because we are no longer in the EU, Amazon is not a U.K. company. Brexit benefits right?

The domestic fees are capped per the regs like they were when we were in the EU.

I also think you have misunderstood, it’s the high fees that enable cash back cards not low fees. The higher the merchant fee, the more margin there is to offer cash back to the card user, not the other way round.

Soldato

I don't think we'll ever get Apple Card. Our credit card market is regulated much more strictly compared to the US, there's no scope to offer anything different to what's on the market or make extra profits, so no incentive for Apple/Goldman to invest into launching it here.

Soldato
I hope taller screen also means narrower phone.... Because holding the max version with 1 hand is a nightmare, needs to be made far narrower

Agree Max phones need to be narrower, but Apple doesn't like changing aspect ratios, they've done it only twice since the original iPhone back in 2007. I don't think they'd do it without some substantial design changes.

Soldato
Agree Max phones need to be narrower, but Apple doesn't like changing aspect ratios, they've done it only twice since the original iPhone back in 2007. I don't think they'd do it without some substantial design changes.
I’d hate it if they made the phones narrower. It seems I’m in the minority but I detest the longer narrower aspect ratios that Android phones have been utilising this past couple of years. I prefer a phone that can be used in landscape orientation without feeling too cramped.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

For sure, its one of the main things that put me off the pro max model on the 12 vs the regular 12 pro which is what I got. I just cant comfortably hold a phone that narrow with one hand. I much prefer the way the android fans deal with "big phones" when it comes to width.

But yeah seems unlikely the phone will be made narrower due to apple's track record

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I’d hate it if they made the phones narrower. It seems I’m in the minority but I detest the longer narrower aspect ratios that Android phones have been utilising this past couple of years. I prefer a phone that can be used in landscape orientation without feeling too cramped.

Definitely must be one of the minority because for example the samsung ultra phones feel much nicer to hold than the pro max phones

Soldato
Seriously people are still persisting with this god awful pill/circle cutout? It's abhorrent and very not like Apple in design.... No way.
What possible use are those pixels between the pill and circle? Would be far more aesthetically pleasing to link the two into one symmetrical pill sat in the middle rather than this jarring "solution".

Back
Top Bottom