Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Commissario
Post your wants, hopes, rumours etc here.

Will they all have 120 Hz? Will they be portless or will they be USB-C?

One thing you can be sure of, the iPhone 14 will be the "Best iPhone Ever"

BuoS6XY.png

iPhone 14 Pro
Designed for durability.
With Ceramic Shield, tougher than any smartphone glass. Water resistance.1 Surgical-grade stainless steel. 6.1″ and 6.7″ display sizes.2 All in four Pro colors.

Introducing Dynamic Island, a truly Apple innovation that’s hardware and software and something in between. It bubbles up music, sports scores, FaceTime, and so much more — all without taking you away from what you’re doing.

Always-On display. Always at the ready.
Now your Lock Screen is always glanceable, so you don’t even have to tap it to stay in the know.
When iPhone is turned face down or in your pocket, it goes dark to save battery life.

Your photo. Your font. Your widgets. Your iPhone.
iOS 16 lets you customize your Lock Screen in fun new ways. Layer a photo to make it pop. Track your Activity rings. And see live updates from your favorite apps.

A display that’s up to 2x brighter in the sun.

Vital new safety features we hope you’ll never need.

Peace of mind when you’re off the grid.
If you don’t have cell service or Wi‑Fi, iPhone lets you text emergency services over satellite.

Crash Detection calls for help when you can’t.
iPhone 14 Pro can detect a severe car crash, then call 999 and notify your emergency contacts

The Pro camera system gets massively more Pro.
Introducing the all-new 48MP Main camera with an advanced quad-pixel sensor.

Commissario
OP
And I still do - But people were discussing what might happen in other threads so I thought it made sense to keep it all together.

I hope the Jon Prosser leak is accurate as it looks fantastic and I was a fan of the iPhone 4 design.
As said before, he churns out so much rubbish that eventually something has to be right.

Leaks always ****** me off no end when I worked for Apple.
I don't like them either. I'd much rather know nothing about the new product before the actual launch. Things seemed to be a lot tighter, even just a few years ago.

Commissario
OP
How long do you guys keep your phones? Do you trade in every year?
I change mine most years, last year I said I was going to wait an extra year and managed to resist for about five weeks before I succumbed.

This year, I am determined that I won't get a 14. I don't need one, there's nothing wrong with the phone I have and I simply can't justify the expenditure.

Commissario
OP
Just thinking ahead a little here, is there a go-to screen protector for the iPhone? I've used a Whitestone Dome on my Note 10 for 3 years and it's been really good. Just curious as to whether there's a good alternative for the iPhone, or indeed any thoughts from people that run a bare screen.
Naked.

Commissario
OP
This satellite rumour appeared just before the iPhone 13 launch and I thought it was ridiculous then. It just seems like someone has picked something utterly unbelievable and announced it as a rumour to see how far it'll spread.

Commissario
OP
They can’t.
I don't really care what they do. No matter what it is, people will complain.

There was a huge outcry when they switched from dock to lightning because everyone had to buy new cables. There's absolutely nothing wrong with lightning, anyone who's had iPhones for any length of time will have loads of them kicking around. I don't understand the hate for lightning, perhaps someone can explain it to me.

In my house, there are practically no usb-c cables, if they switched to usb-c then we'd be throwing out a load of perfectly good cables and having to replace them.

I don't understand the logic of people saying they won't buy an iPhone unless they switch to usb-c. Why does it really matter, it's just a connector and the phone comes with a cable that plugs into it. It's not as though it's any great inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom