Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Agreed, if you need an upgrade, then just upgrade. The 16 won't be available until October/November usually and depending on supply chain issues you might be looking closer to December. That's a long time to be nursing a phone with a poor battery. Either that, or get the batter replaced and wait.

Soldato
Replaced my launch Product Red XR with a 15 over the weekend after the further price drop to £699. Needed to also switch out my Watch Gen 3 with a new SE but bit the bullet and did it all in one go (needing to also upgrade my watch was one of the things holding me back initially).

Went for the black colour in the end which looks basically identical to the Space Black Macbook Pro I also got (yes, my wallet hates me now..).

First impressions and I am loving the change. Initially I was hesitant after testing my wife's 15 against my existing XR in day to day usage as there wasn't that much of an obvious difference. However, having used it properly for a few days I can say its the little things that quickly add up into a noticeable change. Little things like the loading wheel when adding animated images into messages is no longer present (I just thought it was network related - it may still be to a degree but I haven't see it once yet with the 15), and app switching animations being that bit quicker. Again nothing earth shattering but it all adds up. At a guess I can only assume the 3GB of RAM on the XR is starting to become a bottleneck with the latest iOS.

Also, and this might just be a placebo, I am sure the XR's battery is taking a bit more of a hit during the day from the latest update, like 2-3% more every couple of hours. No change in battery status (still 87%) but just another little thing I noticed.

The Watch on the other hand is like a night and day difference in actual use. The slight change in what the buttons do is taking a bit of getting used to (maybe just settings I need to change), but the responsiveness and ability to track my sleep schedule are real game changers for me. I did find the receipt for the watch 3 from when I bought it (used without straps) - Aug 2018!

Overall very pleased and hoping this one lasts as long as my XR/Watch 3 combo. :)

Man of Honour
Can anyone recommend a case for the 15PM that isn't going to cover the phone in case rash? I had the 14PM in a case, which is the first phone in a long time I've had in a case, and I regretted it as by the end, the edges looked horrible because of the case rash. I know it's next to impossible to eliminate it completely when you have your phone in your pocket a lot, but if anyone has experience with a good one, please share :)

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a “Pro” camera app that best makes use of the camera hardware on the 15 Pro?
I enjoy tinkering in post so I do like to shoot in RAW from time to time however I’ve found the DNG files produced by the native app look as though there’s been a fair degree of noise reduction which results in unnecessarily soft images. FWIW I find the Lightroom app produces sharper raw images but I don’t much care for the app itself for taking photographs.

Last edited:
Soldato
omP01jv.png

First time I’ve ever seen that come up.

Soldato
I got it a couple of times during the summer with the phone in my car cradle and the sun shining on it through the windscreen but that’s it. I can’t imagine you were having this issue at 22:30 in February?
I was watching TikTok while it was charging so maybe that’s why :p

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the iPhone 15 earpiece? During conversations mine almost sounds like someone has left a bowl of rice crispies inside the phone. It’s not loud, but the crackling sound is annoying, especially on a phone that’s barely a week old!

Soldato
Anybody have any advice on uploading .m4r, drag and drop via my MacBook isn't working, haven't done it for a couple of years/iOS/MacOS versions, has the option been removed?

Associate
Probably a stupid question for most but want to make sure, there is only one apple MagSafe charger compatible with all phones? Different retailers list different supported models, but I assume this is down to when they added it?

Soldato
Probably a stupid question for most but want to make sure, there is only one apple MagSafe charger compatible with all phones? Different retailers list different supported models, but I assume this is down to when they added it?
Yeah there is only one official puck shaped charger made by Apple themselves. Any iPhone that has wireless charging will be able to use the puck - however only the models with MagSafe will be able to take advantage of the magnet (isn’t that from the 12 onwards?). Additionally, I can’t say for certain if all models will charge at the full 15w.

Associate
Yeah there is only one official puck shaped charger made by Apple themselves. Any iPhone that has wireless charging will be able to use the puck - however only the models with MagSafe will be able to take advantage of the magnet (isn’t that from the 12 onwards?). Additionally, I can’t say for certain if all models will charge at the full 15w.
Ah great thanks, thought it would be the case but didn't want to end up getting something incompatible.

Have had a 13PM for a while for work which kind of charged ok with my samsung wireless charger, but have just got a 15P which seems hit and miss. Thinking of going for the official apple one and a 3D printed stand for my desk.

Back
Top Bottom