*** The Official iPhone 16 thread ***

Associate
OP
I'm not exactly unhappy with my 12, but want a better camera, with proper optical zoom.
Will see what the normal 16 gets, but I'm not discounting a Pro if the bump over the stock 16 is worth it.

As for the TouchID on the power button, guessing that cases will need to leave the button open, I don't think they need to with FaceID, why go back to TouchID?

its not about going back to TouchID its actually about having both. Option Dual biometric authentication or being able to use TouchID only as its much faster

Soldato
its not about going back to TouchID its actually about having both. Option Dual biometric authentication or being able to use TouchID only as its much faster

Actually, if you had both, you could unlock your phone as you picked it up so it would be ready to use as soon as you look at it...

Having had my 15PM for a month or so, I don't really want anything other than a slightly smaller phone.

I do wonder if they could implement variable rate charging though, if the charger gives enough juice, and the temps are acceptable, it'll charge faster, rather than just having set charge rates..

Associate
OP
Actually, if you had both, you could unlock your phone as you picked it up so it would be ready to use as soon as you look at it...

Having had my 15PM for a month or so, I don't really want anything other than a slightly smaller phone.

I do wonder if they could implement variable rate charging though, if the charger gives enough juice, and the temps are acceptable, it'll charge faster, rather than just having set charge rates..

even things like downloading/installing apps and apple pay could be much faster

Associate
I'd be pleased to have Touch ID back.

I'm just holding out as there's no point getting the 15 now imo. They really need to hurry up and add some AI editing tools though!

Associate
OP
Seems like a lot of the stuff I was hoping for
Use this thread for any wishes/rumours about the upcoming 2024 iPhone! (I know, im shameless copying the iphone 15 thread)

Hardware/Design Wishlist:
1) Faster charging and port speed - 60w wired charging, 20w wireless charging, Thunderbolt 4/5 data speed (40/80gbps)
2) Touch ID in power button
3) Increased display resolution/PPI
4) Stacked battery technology and/or graphene batteries

Software:
1) better camera features for slow mo
2) be able to get ID on phone wallet (UK especially)
3) be able to use the action button for more than 1 action. i.e single tap vs double tap vs long press etc etc
4) improve control centre, looks outdated as hell and can do much more there
5) RCS instead of SMS would be great, can then finally get rid of other certain messaging apps

The last 2 confirmed to be coming then! Great stuff

Soldato
Trying to get everyone to use RCS rather than WhatsApp is an uphill struggle. Even if I moved to it no one else would.
The majority of other IM's still offer a lot more features than RCS (currently) does, so this is mostly for the yanks and those oddjob Apple fans that believe they walk around with the holy grail in their pockets and any one else's messaging app would tarnish it in some way.
The rest of the planet has moved on to other IM's and just get on with it.

But given Apple's stern stance of not implementing it in the past and the DMA forcing their hand, i'll believe it when it's actually in (a public release) iOS and working.

Soldato
The majority of other IM's still offer a lot more features than RCS (currently) does, so this is mostly for the yanks and those oddjob Apple fans that believe they walk around with the holy grail in their pockets and any one else's messaging app would tarnish it in some way.
The rest of the planet has moved on to other IM's and just get on with it.

But given Apple's stern stance of not implementing it in the past and the DMA forcing their hand, i'll believe it when it's actually in (a public release) iOS and working.

Be better if everyone just used the message app, it would save having multiple apps. They need to get a search feature though. Meta need to get the finger out and get an ipad app for whatapp.

Theres pros and cons of all of them!

Back
Top Bottom