*** The Official iPhone 16 thread ***

Associate
You’re selling a phone to your wife?! Is that the done thing? Genuine question.
She’s in the position of wanting to buy a phone, saw the regular 15 but deep down wants a Pro phone for the first time but doesn’t want to pay the sort of money the Pro currently costs. So having my one off of me come 16 time saves money for her and gets her the phone she wants.

Nothing really much else to it really.

Soldato
Be better if everyone just used the message app, it would save having multiple apps.
Apple missed the boat years ago to make that happen and RCS has come too late (to iPhones) and isn't as feature rich to drag people away from elsewhere.

Meta need to get the finger out and get an ipad app for whatapp.
Using usernames is on the cards, so it'll happen at some point.

Theres pros and cons of all of them!
True true :)

Associate
Not had an iPhone for over a decade. Always tempted for a change every year from Android but will see what the 16 has to offer this time around as Pixel on last legs. It would have to be the Pro over the Pro Max as just want a reasonable sized phone. All the top end Android versions are massive now.

Soldato
I'll be trading my 15PM in against a 16Pro.

I was going to skip the 15 all together and then go 16 anyway until I won the PM, it confirmed what I suspected, my girly hands are too small for a PM, so I'll downsize when the 16 Pro lands.
Just need to find somewhere to trade it in and get the most for it..

Associate
I'll be trading my 15PM in against a 16Pro.

I was going to skip the 15 all together and then go 16 anyway until I won the PM, it confirmed what I suspected, my girly hands are too small for a PM, so I'll downsize when the 16 Pro lands.
Just need to find somewhere to trade it in and get the most for it..

Trade in with Apple towards the 16?

Anyhow I have a predicament of my own, currently got the 13PM and am undecided on if I should wait and grab a 16PM when they land and do as I said above, trade in towards OR grab a 15PM from Voxi for £33 per month?

Decisions, decisions.

Soldato
90% chance that I won't be upgrading from my 13 pro max, as long as the battery continues to be strong

In fact, if the battery doesn't lose capacity, I can see myself keeping my 13 pro max until the 18 pro max is released

Apart from battery, the only new features that make me consider new phones is if the new phones has a screen that is multiple times better or a camera that is multiple times better and technology moves quite slow, so the 16's screen and camera won't be massively different from my 13.
Unfortunately that's all I care about, is battery, screen and camera, I don't care about any other features

Last edited:
Soldato
Trade in with Apple towards the 16?

Anyhow I have a predicament of my own, currently got the 13PM and am undecided on if I should wait and grab a 16PM when they land and do as I said above, trade in towards OR grab a 15PM from Voxi for £33 per month?

Decisions, decisions.

Not sure that Apple give the best rates tbh, it'll be about 6 months old by the time I do trade in so would want decent return for my 99p lol

Soldato
I have a release day iPhone 13 pro that has 89% battery health - I did a lot of travelling over the weekend and took an external magsafe battery with me to charge up along the way because all my tickets were in passbook, or in my email.

I absolutely RINSED that external battery, having to use it at least 2-3 times a day. When I first got the phone, the battery was superb, but it just isn't up to scratch now. I know I could pay the £85 and get a new battery, but I'm skeptical of how much benefit that would offer, given that my battery performance only seems to significantly degrade when they bring out the next major revision of iOS :rolleyes:

Soldato
I have a release day iPhone 13 pro that has 89% battery health - I did a lot of travelling over the weekend and took an external magsafe battery with me to charge up along the way because all my tickets were in passbook, or in my email.

I absolutely RINSED that external battery, having to use it at least 2-3 times a day. When I first got the phone, the battery was superb, but it just isn't up to scratch now. I know I could pay the £85 and get a new battery, but I'm skeptical of how much benefit that would offer, given that my battery performance only seems to significantly degrade when they bring out the next major revision of iOS :rolleyes:

Yah, just wait for the new one and get it. Be a good upgrade as well.

Soldato
Not sure that Apple give the best rates tbh, it'll be about 6 months old by the time I do trade in so would want decent return for my 99p lol
Apple gave me a very good trade in price for my 13PM. In fact, it was the reason I ended up getting the 15PM. At the time the 13PM was just about making similar prices on eBay.

Soldato
90% chance that I won't be upgrading from my 13 pro max, as long as the battery continues to be strong

In fact, if the battery doesn't lose capacity, I can see myself keeping my 13 pro max until the 18 pro max is released

Apart from battery, the only new features that make me consider new phones is if the new phones has a screen that is multiple times better or a camera that is multiple times better and technology moves quite slow, so the 16's screen and camera won't be massively different from my 13.
Unfortunately that's all I care about, is battery, screen and camera, I don't care about any other features
Genuine question, in what way do you believe the screen be improved upon what they currently have?

Soldato
Genuine question, in what way do you believe the screen be improved upon what they currently have?

Dunno, but the point is if the product is not innovating then I'll stick with what works. Its like TV's, if your current TV does the job and the new ones haven't technologically changed then you won't upgrade - we do upgrade TV's more often now but it wasn't common back in the CRT days, you'd keep your TVs for a decade or more. And it feels like we're going back to that time with phones.

Last edited:
Soldato
TVs will mellow as you can't get any better than 8k really, your eyes just wont notice the difference. Same with phones. There was a PPI race back in the day, but nothing now as they've peaked.
Apart from brighter whites, darker blacks etc, not much more you can improve on.

Associate
TVs will mellow as you can't get any better than 8k really, your eyes just wont notice the difference. Same with phones. There was a PPI race back in the day, but nothing now as they've peaked.
Apart from brighter whites, darker blacks etc, not much more you can improve on.

This is why they are gatekeeping stuff like AI to new models now despite older ones being able to do it.

Soldato
Apple gave me a very good trade in price for my 13PM. In fact, it was the reason I ended up getting the 15PM. At the time the 13PM was just about making similar prices on eBay.

Obviously I will check with Apple and the other usual suspects, the phones only a few months old and I had the case before the phone turned up so in good condition, will see how it goes in a few months when the 16 Pro lands.

Back
Top Bottom