• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
100% not going to happen. It's too close to the holidays now for Apple to release anything. March now at the earliest but more likely alongside new iPhones in September. There is no incentive for Apple to replace the current product when it is selling extremely well.

Hence why we still have a £949 Macbook Air with a TN screen and a CPU that is 4 generations old.

It's not unheard of - while originally announced in September, they actually started to ship in December 2 years ago. So they could drop an update this month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPods

Soldato
I cant remember Apple ever dropping an update in December to anything, you miss out on a huge amount of holiday spend when launching products on December. There is a reason why October is known as 'techtober'.

Think about it, why would they drop an update to a hugely popular product randomly 2-3 weeks before Christmas when they have just had two huge launches in the last 8 weeks? Apple is all about launch events to generate the hype.

There is a big difference between shipping a product previously announced 2 months prior (which was actually delayed and was meant to ship earlier) in December and dropping something completely new.

Soldato
Buy a new phone…along with everything else.

Now headphones needed which is pocketable, is the AirPods still considered the best?

Just as an FYI - the lightning to USB C cable you bought won't support fast charging. I went through a tonne trying to find one to fast charge my girlfriends iPad 12.9 1st gen, as it takes around 5 hours on the standard charger, 7 if it's being used, and discharges if watching videos at high brightness. Had to just suck it up and buy an official Apple one in the end.

Funny story to add here actually - bought a "fast charge" cable on Amazon, it didn't work, so sent it back and left a 1 star review saying that it doesn't fast charge, and got harassed by the company asking to take it down, even offering to pay me at one point. Naturally, forwarded it all to Amazon, along with all the fake reviews saying it was a great product, and last time I checked the product wasn't available.

Caporegime
Just as an FYI - the lightning to USB C cable you bought won't support fast charging. I went through a tonne trying to find one to fast charge my girlfriends iPad 12.9 1st gen, as it takes around 5 hours on the standard charger, 7 if it's being used, and discharges if watching videos at high brightness. Had to just suck it up and buy an official Apple one in the end.

Funny story to add here actually - bought a "fast charge" cable on Amazon, it didn't work, so sent it back and left a 1 star review saying that it doesn't fast charge, and got harassed by the company asking to take it down, even offering to pay me at one point. Naturally, forwarded it all to Amazon, along with all the fake reviews saying it was a great product, and last time I checked the product wasn't available.

Really?

That sucks......

Caporegime
Xr is faster.
X has better screen.

I'd personally don't care for the portrait mode dual camera, but you might. And having seen the 2 screens side by side, I can't tell the difference so I went with the XR, faster phone meaning will last longer in the long run.

What contract did you get? Or did you buy it outright?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom