**** The Official Lenovo P2 Thread ****

Associate
uv;30499903 said:
anyone else got issues with whatsapp notifications not appearing whilst the screen is off? I just opened my phone and got like 10 at once!

Also, any recommendations for a case? This phone is slippy as hell :p
This is a common issue with phones running Marshmallow; the phone is preserving battery by means of a very deep sleep.

Associate
So quick guys got a note 4 atm. Should I buy this lenovo :D. Don't really care about camera. But speed and battery wise yes.

Last edited:

uv

uv

Soldato
If battery is important to you, then this phone is just stellar - mine's currently on 23% left, with 2d6h57m standby so far and 7h16m screen on time. 18h remaining. I'll easy get 3 days with normal use I reckon.

Soldato
anyone else got issues with whatsapp notifications not appearing whilst the screen is off? I just opened my phone and got like 10 at once!

Settings > Battery & Power Saving > Battery Usage > Ignore Optimisations > Then check WhatsApp

I have a different phone so the settings menu options might not be exactly the same for you.

Associate
Settings > Battery & Power Saving > Battery Usage > Ignore Optimisations > Then check WhatsApp

I have a different phone so the settings menu options might not be exactly the same for you.

The P2 menu options are settings >Power manager > Battery Optimization > select Not optimised from drop down menu > scroll down to find and select Whatsapp > select Don't optimise

Associate
Well I've joined the club. It's noticeable quicker and responsive vs my galaxy note 4 even with similar antutu score. Love it so far. No issue with headphone socket however the audio sync is there with phone speaker it works fine with headphones. I'm happy with my purchase so far. Just wish there was a way to remove the on-screen navigation bar I got it hidden now but it appears now and then when I swipe.

Associate
Another one joining the club. Had a bit of a battle with Three as the assistant insisted they weren't selling the handset by itself because it's too popular, so they're reserved for contract purchases...... Most vexing but a bit of common sense later and I got one. So far seems a very nice little upgrade from my Oneplus X that I can still get £100 for.

I love a good battery so looking forward to seeing how many days I can eek out of this thing :p

Associate
I bought it without the top up in-store, I just said that I'd already got SIM only with them and no more questions asked. I do have a SIM only contract with them, but I'm not sure they checked.

Soldato
hi guys

just got the P2, how to get the LED notification working for incoming whatsapp/SMS messages etc?

thanks

EDIT: never mind, got it working

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can you use two SIM cards and also a memory card at the same time?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it out (the second sim uses the same slot as the memory card - so you can't use two sims and a memory card at the same time).

EDIT 2: I suddenly need a phone. After some extensive reviews the only near deal breaker for me was the relatively poor camera. But it's probably better than my Samsung S4 camera which is, frankly, awful. So I just ordered one. It seems incredible value. The killer attraction for me was the battery life and the nice to have feature was the option of a dual sim for work use.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got this coming from a Huawei P8?

A slight concern on the camera in comparions to the P8, got a 4 month old baby and taking loads of pics.

Been looking at Honor 6 and Blu Vivo 6 as well. Screens too small on my P8!

Soldato
camera is not too bad, better than vodafone smart ultra 6, but not good as nexus 5X.

however, battery power wipe out every phones i've owned so far!

edit: finger scanner is very good. quick and accurate. better than nexus 5x

Back
Top Bottom