***The Official LG Nexus 4 Accessories Thread***

Soldato
Gaahhh was tempted at £15.99 but £5.99 for postage!!! Makes it expensive - not a problem affording it just a problem justifying to myself :) Does it lift the phone of the surface when placed either on its back or front?

Soldato
OK pretty much convinced me - final question did the package need signing for - i'm assuming it did, if not will get it shipped to home but I suspect it is signed for?

Associate
Hard to justify the twenty odd quid for the Google bumper but, if it really does make the buttons easier to access then it will be worth it as my buttons seem to be recessed way too much. Cheers for the recommendations.

Soldato
Hard to justify the twenty odd quid for the Google bumper but, if it really does make the buttons easier to access then it will be worth it as my buttons seem to be recessed way too much. Cheers for the recommendations.

I'm with you on this. I use a silicon case at the mo and i do feel i lose out on the aesthetics of the device with it. As well as button push just being ok. Ordered this and will give my thoughts when I get it

Last edited:
Associate
I received the official bumper just a moment ago.

I must say the fit and finish is really good, so much better than the s-line case i've been using.

Those of you on the fence about buying one, I'd personally go ahead and spend that little extra, it really does feel like an extension of the phone

Soldato
Just received my bumper case - literally seems to be next day delivery (although it says 2-3 days on the site).

Positves: Finish is very good, fits nicely to the screen and the n4 button issue is now a non event, button is perfect and the phone look is very nice

Negatives: It does add a reasonable amount of bulk to the phone I think about 2mm to the edge, conversely the bottom is smaller as no case now covering that

It has a metal edge all the way round which looks nice but does make it a tad slippery

So yes very pleased but always some things to bear in mind :)

** a couple of hours in and this is the case to get :) **

Last edited:
Soldato
Imho the front is the main concern and any case that has that covered loses the aesthetics of the phone.

Just have to weigh up what works for you.

Daughter's iphone with case just did a sky dive resulting in smashed screen.

Associate
OK so after buying 2 cheap car mounts and them both breaking within 5 mins, I'm after a good quality one. Thinking one of the Oso mounts but unsure which one, so many to choose from and all seem to do a similar thing.

Soldato
If you go back a couple of posts i gave my thoughts. The two i would go for is height over convenience. I have both types and very happy with them. Also price wise they are a steal. Links posted in my comments

Associate
Yeah I read through and still unsure which to go far, I think I'm 99% certain the SM2 will my windscreen ok (vw bora). And I like the look of the white one, the zero mount also looks interesting.

Soldato
I was tempted by the zero mount but i saw some negative comments re removing the phone which put me off.

You can't go wrong with either of the other mounts and the stand good products

Soldato
I cant believe there is no info on getting the orb in the uk still. Even when you google it no big sites seem to have commented on this since like feb when it went on sale in US. Do people just not give a **** any more now?

Wonder what price the s4 Qi charger will be, may aswell just grab one of those i guess.

Caporegime
I cant believe there is no info on getting the orb in the uk still. Even when you google it no big sites seem to have commented on this since like feb when it went on sale in US. Do people just not give a **** any more now?

Wonder what price the s4 Qi charger will be, may aswell just grab one of those i guess.

it's not something a lot of people will buy, think about it the average joe is not going to spend £50 on a wireless charger when their USB lead does the same job for free.

even on this very forum which is aimed at geeks and gadget freaks only a small percentage will actually want this.

you could just buy a normal dock from ebay and save yourself a lot of money.

Associate
Just received my bumper case - literally seems to be next day delivery (although it says 2-3 days on the site).

Positves: Finish is very good, fits nicely to the screen and the n4 button issue is now a non event, button is perfect and the phone look is very nice

Negatives: It does add a reasonable amount of bulk to the phone I think about 2mm to the edge, conversely the bottom is smaller as no case now covering that

It has a metal edge all the way round which looks nice but does make it a tad slippery

So yes very pleased but always some things to bear in mind :)

** a couple of hours in and this is the case to get :) **

I've just got this phone & I like it ! The Battery life sux but I can get over that with a few things turned off...

I have this bumper too, I bought it with the phone to save on the shipping money. At first I didnt like it as it did'nt make the phone look as nice as when its naked but after using it in work (it gets some bumps) its growing on me !

I think you'll find the Metal is Plastic ! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom