**** The Official Nokia 7 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
Really? :( Where did you see that info? Does that mean it's not getting the microSD slot either or the 2nd sim slot will only act as storage expansion?

I contacted Clove and they informed me. We will be able to use the second slot as a Micro SD card slot but won't be able to use Dual SIM.

All European Nokia handsets will be dual SIM but the UK is excluded.

Ordered the 7 Plus from elsewhere as it's dual sim

Soldato
Oh that's a bit rubbish, wonder why we don't get dual sim capabilities. Good to know it can still be used to expand the storage though.

Soldato
Oh that's a bit rubbish, wonder why we don't get dual sim capabilities. Good to know it can still be used to expand the storage though.

Apparently the UK networks have a say about what kind of devices the OEMs can sell. I guess that they will be losing out on money if peoepe buy sin free in the first place and not locked to a contract. Those who are running multiple contracts will be forced to buy another phone just to run their additional SIM and will have to buy from the network. I would just buy a mid range phone than give the networks my hard earned money.

Soldato
I contacted Clove and they informed me. We will be able to use the second slot as a Micro SD card slot but won't be able to use Dual SIM.

All European Nokia handsets will be dual SIM but the UK is excluded.

Ordered the 7 Plus from elsewhere as it's dual sim
Hi

Where did you order the dual sim version. After having a P20 Pro on pre order I cancelled it because I need dual SIM. Please let me know.

Cheers

Matt

Soldato
Thanks I should have tried that first eh.

Do you know if this will work with EE 4G and Three 4G and is it hybrid dual sim or the other type? Will it work with EE WiFi Calling and Three Wi-Fi Calling or is it just a choice of one or other?

No worries

Have no idea if it will work with EE4G and Three 4G. It's a hybrid dual Sim slot.

You should contact Nokia to get your query answered.

Soldato
Found it in the user guide

https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/support/nokia-7-plus-user-guide/dual-sim-settings

Dual SIM settings
If you have a dual SIM variant, you can have 2 SIMs in your phone, for example, one for your work and one for your personal use.

Note: On dual SIM capable devices, both SIM1 and SIM2 slots support 4G networks. However, if your SIM1 and SIM2 are both LTE SIM cards, the primary SIM supports 4G/3G/2G networks, while the secondary SIM can only support 3G/2G. For more information on your SIM cards, contact your service provider.

Choose which SIM to use
When, for example, making a call, you can choose which SIM to use by tapping the corresponding SIM 1 or SIM 2 button after you dial the number.

Your phone shows the network status for both SIMs separately. Both SIM cards are available at the same time when the device is not being used, but while one SIM card is active, when, for example, making a call, the other may be unavailable.

Manage your SIMs
Don't want work to interfere with your free time? Or do you have a cheaper data connection on one SIM? You can decide which SIM you want to use.

Tap Settings > Network & Internet > SIM Cards.

Rename a SIM card
Tap the SIM you want to rename, and type in the name you want.

Select which SIM to use for calls or data connection
Under Preferred SIM for, tap the setting you want to change and select the SIM.

Soldato
The Nokia 7 Plus got delivered yesterday.
I didn't have much time to use it however first impressions are that it's built really well and the screen is nice.

The phone is fast and fluid. It's yet to get the Android 8.1 update. There's a case included in the box.

The phone is quite tall but it's manageable.

I'm looking forward to using the device as my daily driver.

More to follow when I have a chance.

Associate
The Nokia 7 Plus got delivered yesterday.
I didn't have much time to use it however first impressions are that it's built really well and the screen is nice.

The phone is fast and fluid. It's yet to get the Android 8.1 update. There's a case included in the box.

The phone is quite tall but it's manageable.

I'm looking forward to using the device as my daily driver.

More to follow when I have a chance.

How are you getting on with the new Nokia?

I'm still on pre-order with delivery expected on 2nd May though tempted to switch to DE one now... is it straight forward ordering from them?

Soldato
How are you getting on with the new Nokia?

I'm still on pre-order with delivery expected on 2nd May though tempted to switch to DE one now... is it straight forward ordering from them?

I'm finding the Nokia a little bit of a pain to handle. It's too big and heavy. Worst of all some apps crash and it's quite clunky compared to the speed king that is the OP5T.

It's a good device but a few software updates need to iron out the bugs.

I was going to give it back but I've heard that the 8.1 update solves a few issues.

It's easy ordering on the German Rainforest just do as you do on the UK Rainforest just make sure you have Google translate or language set to English.

I'm not that impressed with the 7 Plus if I'm being honest. It's a decent phone but needs some work on the software front. Clearly work in progress...

Soldato
I'm glad I made the choice to go Honor View 10 for similar price range at moment then.

Admittedly I may not get many updates but this is up to March security updates now. Nova works on this and the camera is actually really good and battery life is so far great. I find the size of it absolutely nailed on too.

Soldato
Yes the View 10 is the better option especially ergonomically. However if you don't mind a slightly bigger phone it'll be fine. Plus 8.1 update is supposed to bring a slew of updates.

This phone was always supposed to be my backup phone and serve as getting my stock Android fix until I get my main device either the OP6 or Honor 10 which was announced in China a few days ago and has an official announcement on May 15 so I can deal with it for a little while longer..

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes the View 10 is the better option especially ergonomically. However if you don't mind a slightly bigger phone it'll be fine. Plus 8.1 update is supposed to bring a slew of updates.

This phone was always supposed to be my backup phone and serve as getting my stock Android fix until I get my main device either the OP6 or Honor 10 which was announced in China a few days ago and has an official announcement on May 15 so I can deal with it for a little while longer..

I've watched quite a few reviews of the 7+ now, mainly from India but all of them say how well built the phone is but it's let down by the camera's being pretty average, I'm, now waiting for the Honor 10 launch as price looks to be around £400 hopefully going from the Chinese price conversion, it looks like it's a P20 without the Lieca branding.

Soldato
I've watched quite a few reviews of the 7+ now, mainly from India but all of them say how well built the phone is but it's let down by the camera's being pretty average, I'm, now waiting for the Honor 10 launch as price looks to be around £400 hopefully going from the Chinese price conversion, it looks like it's a P20 without the Lieca branding.

Yep the camera is distinctly average. I've had two Nokia phones now (Nokia 8) and that camera was average to say the least. Nokia need to work on their post imaging software despite Carl Zeiss cameras being used.

All Honor phones that are released after the P series are based on the P series minus the Leica branding and a few other features are left out such as OIS. They often add features like 3.5mm headphone jack and SD card. However in case of the Honor 10 the latter will be left out but the headphone jack will be added. The price should be way cheaper than the P20 and will be released in two configurations 6GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB.

Associate
I'm finding the Nokia a little bit of a pain to handle. It's too big and heavy. Worst of all some apps crash and it's quite clunky compared to the speed king that is the OP5T.

It's a good device but a few software updates need to iron out the bugs.

I was going to give it back but I've heard that the 8.1 update solves a few issues.

It's easy ordering on the German Rainforest just do as you do on the UK Rainforest just make sure you have Google translate or language set to English.

I'm not that impressed with the 7 Plus if I'm being honest. It's a decent phone but needs some work on the software front. Clearly work in progress...

Thanks for the info Stoosh - I'll stick with UK order I think as it'll make any return a little more straightforward.

Keen to get my hands on it now as it'll be significantly larger than my nearly 4+ year old HTC One...

Soldato
Yep the camera is distinctly average. I've had two Nokia phones now (Nokia 8) and that camera was average to say the least. Nokia need to work on their post imaging software despite Carl Zeiss cameras being used

It's only the lens that's Zeiss certified - doesn't mean much these days with the thinness of them. I think it's more of a brand recognition thing

Back
Top Bottom