**** The Official Nokia 7 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
I'm still trying to understand this, do you have a developer build of 8.1? or you used that method to somehow update your phone?

No the developer update is for Android P the second file below is the official roll back method with 8.1 I never installed the P preview I just ADB pushed the roll back so I could get the 8.1 update.

I've managed to do it now took me a while, think I'm getting old lol, had an issue with the USB driver at first then I updated it selecting 'Intel Android Composite ADB Interface' and that seemed to work, now running on 8.1, also downloading a new update it found straight away, updating this way won't effect future updates will it?

edit -

Also you can clear all your apps from memory by scrolling to the top and then 'CLEAR ALL' appears, it appears a few people reviewing the phone online didn't know this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just been reading on XDA and it seems people using EE aren't getting updates, but switching SIM to O2 it will work, hopefully now we have updated it will just work.

Associate
Looks like some carrier fault or bug with EE.

Got fed up waiting for the 8.1 updated so sideloaded it then i was still stuck on the April patch, so replaced my EE sim with a Giffgaff one & the 2.22A May update appeared.
Hope this get sorted can't be bothered keep swapping sims every time there an update.

Associate
Nokia are pushing out the 8.1 update OTA now - mine's in the middle of updating.

The update info says it has the April security patch built in

Edit: It's downloading a second patch now. First was 8.1 V2.13B (I think) now it's getting V2.22A

Edit2: The second patch had the May security patch in it

Last edited:

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Hi.
Looking at getting one of these handsets to mess around with.
How close to stock Android is it out of the box?
Also, keen to try the Android P beta which is apparently OK for the 7 Plus.
Has anyone in the UK installed it ye?

Associate
Was getting a little concerned with the delay on the OTA 8.1 update but came through this weekend (I'd had my wifi switched off for about a week so not sure exactly when it became available).

My faith has been restored ;)

Associate
Does this have a pro camera app. Have a Nokia 8 but the stock app is awful and wondering if the 7 plus would be better?

Soldato
Does this have a pro camera app. Have a Nokia 8 but the stock app is awful and wondering if the 7 plus would be better?
It has the same camera app I believe with the Pro mode built in, I find it easy to use, I do also have the Pixel3 camera app installed for photosphere mode.

Associate
It has the same camera app I believe with the Pro mode built in, I find it easy to use, I do also have the Pixel3 camera app installed for photosphere mode.
Ah, its the pro mode I think I need. The stock one on the N8 just isnt good enough - cant adjust exposure for example.

Back
Top Bottom