**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
Took delivery of the Spigen Thin Case or something to that end a few days ago. Can't say I'll be using it over the more bulkier Spigen Tough Armour though.

The thin case being made out of polycarbonate means that once you've got it on, the bugger is a nightmare to remove. At one point I was scared of knocking out the side buttons (did this to my Oppo Find 5 with a similar case).The raised lip around the camera lens isn't very high either.

Now awaiting a blue official samsung case to be delivered possibly tomorrow. These look a lot better and less bulkier too.

Soldato
There was me thinking Samsung were going to start releasing LESS phones in 2015. I'm already losing track with what they're upto. There is an upgraded Note 4 coming out but it'll be packing a 64bit Exynos SoC. No idea as to when the Uk will see it though.

Soldato
they are not releasing an upgraded version of the note 4

Well, they are, but not a full scale release.

There's an updated version which will be released (apparently) in South Korea, with the updated SoC and faster LTE modem. This will be similar to the upgraded S5 (and various other phones) that were released in Korea but never saw any presence in other countries.

Soldato
Has anyone else had an issue with this phone where it will suddenly start to lag like the gpu is stuck at a lower clock speed and when you scroll through the home screens it looks like its suddenly gone from smooth to like a laggy 5fps or something.

I keep getting this now and then. You can fix it by turning off the screen and then turning back on again but it gets a little annoying/

Soldato
I have been having issues with my battery life and one thing I would like to do is flash a stock rom to get rid of all the Vodafone bloat on the device.

Will this affect my warranty on the phone? I have heard stories about some sort of e-fuse on the device.

Do I need to root to do this? I want to be able to ideally get direct OTA updates from Samsung. If I flash will I lose the data currently on the phone?

Soldato
Nice, where did you get it from? - Got any pics of it on :D
Not sure if I'm allowed to mention other companies here? It's a well known phone accessory online store.
What's it like around the edges of the screen? Much of a lip?
There is a lip on the front as well as the back where the camera is. I did find ONE flaw (if you could even call it that) though vs my Spigen Slim Armour - the sides of the case, the lip if you will is very easy to push to one side with your fingers. This means that dirt/muck etc can easily work its way in there if the phone is in a pocket. Should these bits abrase against the sides of your phone...

The Slim Armour gets around this by having a removable hard plastic shell that covers the TPU portion of the case. See the final picture, which is my Slim Armour.

Sorry about the pictures. My room has poor lighting and I'm in a rush as I'm heading out.

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It is a very nice case and if those side lips weren't so easily movable then it would be my daily piece of protection. For now I'll stick to the bulkier, yet more protective slim armour. The last thing I want to do is blow money on finding the perfect case. The case btw was £24.99.

Associate
I've been using mine naked since I got it last month and it almost had it's first drop today.
Woke up, still sleepy picked it up with my right hand and it feel straight out of it but caught it with my left hand, ooooooof! Panic moment :D

Looking at the Lollipop performance on the Note 3 I can't wait but it to hit the 4.

loved Lollipop on my Nexus 5.

Back
Top Bottom