**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Associate
Thanks all. I'm just thinking in terms of longevity with a 64 bit processir as I tend to keep hold of phones for longer that I should with custom ROMs etc. Does anyone know if Sammy are planning on any 64 software support? I guess that will be one of the new S6 & N5 features....

Soldato
Thanks all. I'm just thinking in terms of longevity with a 64 bit processir as I tend to keep hold of phones for longer that I should with custom ROMs etc. Does anyone know if Sammy are planning on any 64 software support? I guess that will be one of the new S6 & N5 features....

It's pretty much a certainty that you won't see any 64 bit support on the Note 4. Samsung like to keep the different SoC versions fairly similar, so they're not going to update one to a 64 bit OS, while keeping the other on 32 bit. It would cause too much potential for incompatability and issues between the versions.

Plus if they were going to, they'd likely have done it with the initial release of Lollipop.

So realistically, you can think of both versions as 32 bit.

Soldato
It's pretty much a certainty that you won't see any 64 bit support on the Note 4. Samsung like to keep the different SoC versions fairly similar, so they're not going to update one to a 64 bit OS, while keeping the other on 32 bit. It would cause too much potential for incompatability and issues between the versions.

Plus if they were going to, they'd likely have done it with the initial release of Lollipop.

So realistically, you can think of both versions as 32 bit.

+1.

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Mainly great stuff since updating to Lollipop, except battery life has gone through the floor! It appears to be Facebook using more than the screen, despite me using the app for all of 2 minutes today....

Soldato
Mainly great stuff since updating to Lollipop, except battery life has gone through the floor! It appears to be Facebook using more than the screen, despite me using the app for all of 2 minutes today....

Yeah but for how long was the app using you, eh eh???:eek:

Man of Honour
I wouldn't ever touch Expansys ever again, they sell used European models, and their CS is soooo bad, I had to get PayPal to refund me because they wouldn't respond to my emails after the phone was returned, they didn't even respond to PayPal who then after a few weeks gave me an automatic refund, that's the kind of behaviour you expect from an eBay scummy scammer!

Pay the £20 and get a nice new UK model from GiffGaff :)

Associate
How long did it take you fellas to get used to the larger screen? Seriously tempted to replace my faulty Nexus 5 with one.

I've got fairly big hands, but I'm really not sure if I should just wait for one of the upcoming flagships.

Man of Honour
How long did it take you fellas to get used to the larger screen? Seriously tempted to replace my faulty Nexus 5 with one.

I've got fairly big hands, but I'm really not sure if I should just wait for one of the upcoming flagships.

It’s so comfortable with big hands. I got used to the screen almost immediately but getting used to the size in pockets took a week or so. Now I don’t want to go back to anything smaller.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't ever touch Expansys ever again, they sell used European models, and their CS is soooo bad, I had to get PayPal to refund me because they wouldn't respond to my emails after the phone was returned, they didn't even respond to PayPal who then after a few weeks gave me an automatic refund, that's the kind of behaviour you expect from an eBay scummy scammer!

Pay the £20 and get a nice new UK model from GiffGaff :)

Yeah think I might give expanses a miss :/

Giff Gaff only deliver to billing address dammit :(

Back
Top Bottom