• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
OP
Doubt it - nVidia are working towards putting HBM on their GPUs that actually need it rather than rushing to stick it on their 28nm cards that don't desperately require it.

This seems an odd thing to say. HBM has enabled AMD to design smaller GPU's, reduce power, and hopefully improve performance. I'm pretty sure those are top priority's for GPU manufacture.

Man of Honour
nVidia aren't exactly struggling with 2 out of those 3 though to the point they'd feel a need to rush out Pascal - unless the Fury is significantly faster than people are expecting.

Soldato
OP
nVidia aren't exactly struggling with 2 out of those 3 though to the point they'd feel a need to rush out Pascal - unless the Fury is significantly faster than people are expecting.

Yeah I see what you're saying, the other thing is AMD could be unchallenged until next year with HBM. If it enables AMD to take the performance crown or even compete directly with Nvidia's GM200 I expect Nvidia would like to have an answer sooner rather than later. Nvidia made that choice though, said HBM was to expensive to use this year. The flip side is GDDR5 cards could look dated / overpriced in comparison.

To much uncertainty atm, need to wait for Fiji reviews / benchmarks.

Caporegime
Nice to see that nVidia have committed to having Volta released in (late) 2017 too. Buying a pair of Ti's should *just* about last til then. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Associate
Now this makes me feel like buying a 980ti was a mistake if these cards are out Q1 2016

But then again the prices of these cards might be insane like the Titan X

Caporegime
Now this makes me feel like buying a 980ti was a mistake if these cards are out Q1 2016

But then again the prices of these cards might be insane like the Titan X

I reckon we've got 11/12 months eassssssssssy man. Enjoy the Ti, I'm trying to hold on :D

The good news is that if AMD do take the performance crown with the Fury then their probably won't be a Titan next time round ;) (or at least a very short gap between it and mainstream :D)

Back
Top Bottom