*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Someone is well prepaired :D

It hasn't helped though, as when I ordered I went through the list, ticking off categories. Then when they arrived I realised I didn't note down which beer covered which category, and some beers will qualify for two or more!

Anyway, looking forward to it. I tried to pick things I'd like to drink as well as being obscure.

Bummer! Guess you ordered online then yeah?
Can you submit the same beer for more than one week? :rolleyes:

Im glad IPA's tick most of the boxes, thats my style. porters and stouts can be a bit full on for me. Surprised there is no 'Sour' week :D

Can you submit the same beer for more than one week?

Of course you can - done that myself on more than one occassion in previous competitions ;)

Im glad IPA's tick most of the boxes, thats my style. porters and stouts can be a bit full on for me. Surprised there is no 'Sour' week :D

Have to agree there - I too find the heavier style of porters and stouts a bit too much and prefer the lighter tasting IPA's.

I'm the same with my whisky much preferring the smoother Speyside taste as opposed to the more peated Highland / Island taste.

Why didnt i think of that! Would have been so much easier :o

At least twice? :D

Is this allowed DJ???? :p

Again yes - as I recall in the second BOTW comp I entered 95% of my shots right at the start of the competition. Didn't do me any good as of course there's no way to judge what others will post and it's more of a wait and see the final outcome rather than a wait and see the weekly outcome.

Having won the third BOTW comp I entered each week individually. There's so many choices out there for each entry, I've already got three beers sitting i my cupboard that would suit the Z section . . . . . :p

I've ordered a couple crates from one of my favourite breweries and a few bottles online too. I'm going to pop into the beer shop in town in the week to see if I can fill in some blanks. At least I'll be well stocked with beer for Christmas! :D

Round C: What defines a colour? How much leeway do we have?

Let's say theres a beer called Salmon Catcher, can I enter that? Or should I enter the more boring Pink Eye Pale Ale?

Back
Top Bottom