*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Thanks for sorting out DJ and thanks to Gilly for taking over.

I think it was mentioned that a few people were happy to contribute to the prize fund, myself included which DJ said was not necessary.

As Anchundan lives in China, if you want me to chuck a couple quid your way toward shipping DJ, I'm happy to :)

Cheers that's a nice gesture but don't worry mate, I have it covered..... :eek: :p

By all means feel free to send it Gilly's direction for a sterling job carried out at short notice. Cheers buddy :)

All said and done, goodbye.

I'm getting it sorted today. Between the government imploding and the fast-moving heated threads there and a load of stuff in and outside of work, I literally haven't had time to do it.

Everything will be done today. The leaderboard needs updating with Y results and then I'll be doing the Z results thread.

My apologies all.

Great competition everyone - well done. A few discussion points along the way, but all kept reasonably civil (by GD standards anyway!) and a huge thank you to the judges and organisers.

I had a few good beers along the way, some entered, some not. And, to be honest, I also had some shockers that I'd never go near again. Like or loathe though, there's so much choice these days.

Looking forward to the next competition!

I loved every minute of the competition, although was sure I would lose more points on some rounds, so very lucky there.

It's really opened my eyes to what beer I can actually buy here, so don't have to settle with the cheap local beer.

What I would like to know from everyone, is what were your favourite beers of the competition? I want to try them all!

Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder, Sip of Sunshine, Lights On, Lizard King, All Orange Everything, Daisy Cutter.

All of the above were amazing and are rated in the top 100 (most of them top 25) beers in the world. Heady and Pliny battle it out for number 1 most of the time!

Unfortunately for most of them you can only get at the brewery (all in US) and others never leave their city.

If you know somebody in the US, get them to go beer shopping for you! :)

Quite a few, namely the imperial porters/stouts and am a big fan of the coffee/chocolate types.

Had a few bad ones along the way though, some that I thought would be pretty good and really weren't.

Don't think this was entered for Round X.

It's not bad

8ygcnr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom