*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Does the king beer have to say the word king on the label?

From page 1 "K - King = Anything King related for beer name ONLY ie. a Kings name past or present, even King on its own"

So, that could be "George" as in King George, "William" as in King William IV etc etc.

And reading that clarification, I'm guessing since it has to be the beer name only that means breweries with King in them such as Greene King are not acceptable but perhaps DJ can clarify that?

Caporegime
Does the king beer have to say the word king on the label?
Just as Windle pointed out above and below no it doesn't :)

From page 1 "K - King = Anything King related for beer name ONLY ie. a Kings name past or present, even King on its own"

So, that could be "George" as in King George, "William" as in King William IV etc etc.

And reading that clarification, I'm guessing since it has to be the beer name only that means breweries with King in them such as Greene King are not acceptable but perhaps DJ can clarify that?

Quite correct, Beer name only not brewery. :)

Soldato
Going back to King beer, judges ruling please...

If a beer has two names on the label (excluding brewery), for example the made up "Monkey George" beer with George referring to King George I to IV or however many King Georges there were. Valid entry or no?

Soldato
I would have agreed with DJ comment about it being equivalent to the H round where things like Cutthroat were allowed etc.

Particularly with this round, there are only a couple of beers which explicitly say "King" in the beer name so when talking about using the name of a king limiting it to "George" beer etc means its likely there will be lots of duplicates as it's unlikely there are lots of beers with just one name as the beer name?

Back
Top Bottom